I am a professional remote worker and oDesk is my full-time job. That means I don't work on spare time, I do that when I'm most productive. As a developer I love to participate in and launch long-term projects and create production-quality web apps with well-thought architecture, thorough test coverage and clean, readable code.
Here's why you should work with me:
1) Communication & presence
Despite the fact that I'm probably in a different timezone than you (UTC+4), presence and communication
will never be a problem.
* I have fluent written and spoken English, lived in US, travel a lot, I even have IELTS certificate!
* I work every work day at the office space , so you can expect daily commits and 100% availability
* I have reliable internet connection, backups and a conference room for confidential online meetings
* My typical work hours are between 9am and 6pm Moscow time, but I can be available as early as 5PM (yeah, I like mornings), which allows me to work effortlessly with clients form Australia and US, as well as Europe.
* I am online at Skype, I read my emails and reply promptly, and I even have a mobile phone that you can call or send message to
* Sometimes I even work during the weekend, but this is a rare case, nobody wants to get burned out.
2) Professional skills
* I create web apps, APIs, integrate and migrate legacy systems. I have built apps with multitencany and multiple database adapters, offline, real-time and many more.
* I am a TDD adept. I work with RSpec and Mocha/Chai, but I can adapt to your environment.
* I can pessimistically estimate time required for specific feature, and tell you beforehand if it becomes obvious that estimation was wrong.
* I stick to deadlines, commit daily and write comments.
* I refactor wisely, my code is DRY, readable and clean
* Rails development for 5 years, since 2.2. That means I can maintain, improve and migrate legacy projects, as well as create new ones with Rails 4.
* General web development for 15 years. We all do HTML5/CSS3 now, but you never forget things like Dreamweaver and Perl/CGI.
Unfortunately I can't show you screenshots or even links to the apps because of NDAs, but write me an email and I'll send you some code samples
Some of the big projects I've been working for recently:
* Australian company, worked on airport security apps and created big app for real estate
* US client, created data warehouse that integrated lots of sources and presented analytical data in different ways (powered by D3.js)
* US client, Backbone/Phonegap mobile app for real estate agents.
* Cisco Russia, 4 years as lead web developer, created number of intranet projects, marketing apps and many more