Senior iOS and Ruby on Rails developer, 4+ years of experience
Over the last 4 years I was building iOS apps with Ruby on Rails backend on daily basis, 10 years total in programming on different languages: Swift, Objective C, C, Ruby, Python, bash, Pascal, Delphi, Assembly (Assembler, ASM), Processing. Also I build Mac OS utility apps time to time.
I really like my job and iOS with Ruby on Rails makes development process very fast and enjoyable.
Here is the list of major technologies I use (I like to learn new technologies too):
- social SDKs: Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, LinkedIn, Vk, Upwork, Elance;
- cloud storages: iCloud, Amazon Web Services, Parse;
- push notifications: Urban Airship, Parse, Infobip, custom web services;
- analytics: Flurry, Adjust, Google Analytics, Fabric (Crashlyticts), Urban Airship, Parse;
- payments: Paypal, Balanced payments, Braintree, Stripe, LiqPay;
- SMS and voice: Twilio, Nexmo;
- maps: Google, Apple, Yandex, Open Street Map;
- databases and RDBMS:
- on iOS: SQLite + CoreData, Realm;
- on Ruby on Rails: PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite;
- custom UI controls: custom transitions, animations, customization of default UI controls;
- web: HTTP requests, development and usage of RESTful JSON and XML APIs;
- RESTful JSON API: Jbuilder, RABL, MultiJson, YAJL, Oj;
- HTML template engines: ERB, Slim, HAML;
- stylesheets: CSS, SASS, SCSS, Twitter Bootstrap, FontAwesome and many others;
- deployment of Ruby on Rails projects: VPS, Heroku;
- programming design patterns: MVC, Active Record (Core Data), Singleton, Decorator (Category, Delegation), Adapter (Protocols), Observer (Notifications and Key-Value Observing), Memento (saving and restoring state of object), Facade;
- programming principles: REST, DRY, KISS;
- version control: git, SVN (I prefer git).
Please, check my portfolio here: http://skliarov.com/portfolio to see my latest published projects.
Thanks for reading this!
Best regards, Maksym.