C++/Qt/Matlab/Python developer with scientific background
Last active: 4 days ago
I have years of experience with Matlab and I'm very productive with it, whether it's algorithm development, visualizing data or creating GUIs, for example. I'm also well versed in Python and I can provide a working software version quickly with rapid iterations with feedback from the client. I have also professional experience with C++, C# and Java, and I can bundle them into the project as needed.
I have a PhD in physics and I've been working in different positions ranging from project manager and developer to customer service and helping sales. I can translate your problem into working code, and, if needed, refine the project requirements based on your business case.
Below are few examples where you could gain tangible benefits from my experience
- Matlab development of all kind, e.g., algorithms, GUIs, full applications
- Data conversion and processing from one or multiple sources
- Implementing algorithms based on scientific publications
- Converting algorithms from another language to C++,C#,Java, Python or Matlab
- Data analysis and visualization
- Requirement analysis & management, e.g., reading texts and extracting measurable requirements from them with traceability to the source
- Measure requirements quality by classifying them, e.g, is there an acceptance criteria, is this a system or user requirement, does the requirement have multiple requirements in it.
- Creating and writing acceptance testing procedures with traceability to the project requirements
I can work on both Windows and Linux platforms.
Looking forward to working with you!
- LinkedIn: http://fi.linkedin.com/in/karihirvi
- GitHub: https://github.com/karihirvi
- Some older material in Google code https://code.google.com/a/eclipselabs.org/p/capua/