Business plan writer, Consultant, Technical Writer
I am a business plan writer and business consultant with experience in the startup world. My activities include writing business plans, proposals, and grant applications, consulting, business planning, designing web content, traditional and social media marketing (blogs, FB, Twitter, etc.).
I earned my MBA at the University of Montana, with an emphasis on entrepreneurship. My business partner and I won the 2011 Ruffato Business Plan Competition with a plan for an online customizable tea business.
I also hold a Ph.D. in Psychology, a degree that prepared me for doing research. I have considerable teaching experience on college and university level that gave me expertise in communicating complicated ideas in a simple way that people with different background and skills can equally understand.
Please contact me for a traditional resume.
SUMMARY OF RELEVANT EXPERIENCES
• Five years of experience with start-up companies
• Five years of experience in writing business plans
• Five years of experience in online working environment/remotely
• Twelve years of experience in academia/teaching
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent analytical skills
• Able to quickly form effective relationships
Experienced academic and business writer.
• Won the 2011 Ruffatto Business Plan competition
• Wrote business and marketing plans for start-up companies
• Wrote a dissertation
• Authored several research documents
• Created a wide variety of learning content from course material to study guides
• Created a wide variety of marketing material including web site content, press release, white paper, flier, script, etc.
• Wrote successful grant applications
• Developed and delivered several academic and conference presentations
Extensive experience developing strategic research projects.
• Conducted market analysis to clearly identify and define growth opportunities across customer segments
• Gathered competitive & market research information to drive strategy development and educate stakeholders on marketplace dynamics
• Provided ongoing identification of industry, economic, and other market forces that are impacting business
• Managed multiple market research studies/projects from inception to completion including:
o Designing studies
o Identifying and developing most appropriate market research tools needed for analyzing and Interpreting data
o Making recommendations, and presenting the findings to the appropriate personnel
Polished and confident presenter.
• Successful corporate and non-profit business development and sales presentations
• Twelve years of presentation and public speaking during university teacher career
• Assisted client in business planning process
• Involved in planning and conducting multiple product launches
• Drove product development research projects for multiple companies
• Created marketing plans to enhance brand visibility and awareness
• Assisted client with branding, advertising and marketing multiple products
• Created marketing documents, including press releases and web content
• Designed and implemented crowdfunding campaign
• Oversaw company communications to ensure brand identity
• Created Social Media plan to facilitate interaction with customers
• Designed and launched company web page and conducted SEO optimization
Highly skilled at developing and presenting fundraising and partnership opportunities.
• Led business to business sponsorship sales for non-profit organizations
• Developed partnerships with local businesses designed to support non-profits, while offering benefits to the partners
• Raised funds for non-profits from individual donors
• Designed and implemented campaign for non-profit organization
• Served as liaison between company and partners to further ongoing opportunities
University of Montana, Missoula, MT
Radboud University, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Ph.D., Psychology, 2004
University of Debrecen, Debrecen Hungary
M.A., Psychology, Teacher of Psychology, 1994