Expert C#/.NET Developer Newly Returned To Upwork. First Hire Discount
Last active: 7 days ago
If you don't have IT or software project experience, please don't contact me
(unless you're a trusting adventure-seeker :)
Bring Your Own Designer!
IT Industry Knowledge Includes:
- Best-practice Design & Implementation
- B2B & B2C e-commerce
- Systems Automation
- BPR/Workflows- SaaS/Web 2.0
Vertical Industry Knowledge Includes:
- Real Estate, Construction and Manufacturing management systems
- Insurance (workflow)
- Digital Media (distribution and conversion automation)
- Healthcare (data collection & management)
Some Background Information:
- I have designed, implemented, and administered a wide variety of m$ft infrastructures, operating systems, servers, and applications for over 10 years.
- I manage Apache, NFS, Samba, Asterisk, Bind, and other services on Red Hat-esque (CentOS, Fedora) servers.
- I have been working with .Net since it was in beta. Before getting into C#, I used VB.Net for several years.
- I've been writing enterprise-scale business and data layer code for over 4 years.
- I've been managing and programming Microsoft SQL Server since version 6.5 (and am up to date on 200X), and Microsoft Access for many years.
- I've worked with MySQL/SQLite and PHP (4+) as a hobbyist for several years. I can perform most any task required to update an existing site, but am probably not suited for a new development project in PHP.- Prior to .Net I programmed in traditional asp using VB Script, COM & DTC.
- I manage my own dedicated windows 2k3/8 servers with multiple running applications and servers.
- I have experience with a wide variety of third-party components and controls., and can assist in integration, middleware, queuing services, etc.
- I'm not a graphic designer, and prefer to leave site layouts and graphics to someone more suited to that type of work. I am ok with creating basic layouts (and working within the popular graphics editing programs), but for a polished look, I'll either work with your designer or contract to another party on your behalf to acheive the look that you're after.
Getting What You Pay For:
Sure, you can find loads of developers here and on other similar service sites at a fraction of my rates. Why would you pay me?
- I will stand behind my work. If you're unhappy, we'll fix it.
- I will not charge for time spent figuring out how to solve general technical problems. If I don't already know how to implement a relevant solution, I will spend MY time researching and figuring it out. We're supposed to be professionals, and if we don't understand what the problem is, we shouldn't be charging you. Besides: each time I solve a unique problem, it makes me more effective; for you, me, and my next happy client!
NOTE: Most of my work is done for companies' internal intranet, operations and LOB applications. I've added a few items to the portfolio, but please ask me about the other work which I can't showcase. While I'm often bound by NDA/Confidentiality agreements, I can explain more about my background in a general way than is illustrated publicly.