Expert Excel & VBA Developer
I have been working with Excel for over 15 years and VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) in conjunction with Excel and Office for around 10 years and I take a huge amount of pride in the solutions I deliver.
My 4 key factors when completing work are -
1 - An efficient final product - If a product is memory hungry or takes an hour to run it's not been built correctly.
2 - A quick delivery ensuring deadlines are met - If I miss a deadline, you miss a deadline which means I have let you down and I don't like doing this!
3 - A product that does what is required - I can give you exactly what you need within the confines of the applications functionality. If you don't get what you asked for I probably don't get paid.
4 - The Grandma Test - If my grandma can't use the product then it needs reworking until she can!
I believe that detail is a worthwhile investment at the outset. I will work with you to tease out your specific requirements, enabling me to change the end result from good to great and give you something truly value added.
I started my freelancing Consultancy in late 2014 and during this time I have developed a client base that has resulted in numerous pieces of repeat work. Whilst this client base has kept me busy I am keen to increase the number of clients.
Currently I have clients in the UK, USA, Australia and New Zealand and whilst working with my overseas clients I haven't experienced any issues with the time difference. If anything, the time difference has benefited both myself and the client as projects that are being used in a live environment mean goals can be achieved whilst projects are still in development.
I have a broad experience of a number industries and since I started freelancing I have worked with businesses in food manufacturing ($5b t/o FMCG in Melbourne), Engineering ($20m t/o business in Perth, Australia), manufacturing (New Zealand), SEO start-up (Boston, USA), communications (Halifax, UK).
My last role with a large high street bank in the UK enabled me to deliver projects that helped inform major decision making within the business.
A few examples of the projects I have delivered with this employer are -
1) Reporting on over 40,000 colleagues within 3 brands each containing 3 channels. Detailed reports on historical FTE/headcount movement with forecasted future movements.
2) User Form driven Excel tools allowing the user to log future colleague movements resulting in detailed area and role reporting and the ability to macro manage FTE/headcount within an area and role population.
3) FTE/headcount tracker reporting on exceptions where forecasted movements do not take place and also where movement has taken place with no notification
4) Detailed role by brand and channel analysis
5) A monthly and weekly reporting process fully automated, significantly reducing the resource required to produce timely reporting
I also have experience in accounting/bookkeeping from previous roles I have had as Company/Financial accountant. In addition to this I also have some experience in Cost/Management Accounting.
Where possible in all my projects I ensure all work is future-proof allowing further developments to be easily implemented and is fully documented where necessary.