Human Resources Administrative Assistant
Skilled and well-rounded Human Resources Administrative Assistant with experience in new hire and retention operations, payroll, employment ad writing, resume writing, and post-award grant coordination.
1. Experienced in providing staffing and other HR sourcing solutions including but not limited to:
** Writing effective employment ads to be featured in international job banks, newspapers, and academic/technical magazines or websites.
** Assessing potential skills of candidates to cover staffing needs
** Performing professional reference checks
** Creating unbiased scoring matrix system for interviewing candidates
** Constructing concise offer letters to chosen candidates
** Generating new hire packets for new employees
** Providing new hire orientation to chosen candidates via phone, Skype, or in person
** Manage new hire employment documents including immigration documentation for international hires (J-1 or H-1B)
2. Demonstrated capacity to provide comprehensive support to executive level staff for effective management of essential tasks including:
** Developing and maintaining detailed processes that reduce redundancy
** Managing scheduling coordination
** Providing excellent level of accuracy and efficiency to achieve organizational objectives
** Skilled at identifying goals and priorities to resolve issues in initial stages
** Adept at completing ad-hoc projects
3. Experienced with Post-Award research grant coordination:
** Oversees personnel effort on research grants so that work is in alignment with research initiatives.
** Monitors research grants in post award status to ensure expenditures are in accordance to sponsor guidelines.
** Responsible for closing out expenditures for expired grants to ensure available funds are not lost due to payroll (and other) allocation errors.
4. Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint, MS Access, Blackboard, Outlook, PeopleSoft, Banner, and Windows OS.
5. Training: Quality Improvement Team Training (2013); Research Administration Certification (2011);