Manager and Executive Assistant to Senior Management
Last active: 12/04/2014
I Supported all activities of the Executive Director by:
1, Managed the Executive's calendar and ensured he was prepared for his daily activities.
2. Organized and took minutes of several meetings and ensured distribution of resource information prior to the meetings and the distribution of the Minutes and any resource information following the meetings.
3. Managed the Nurses Professional Reporting forum by logging in reports, organizing the hearings, taking and distributing minutes, and maintaining records.
4, Managed the budget for the Executive which included analyzing supplies & equipment needs, ordering, receiving & paying for these items; overseeing and assisting other Managers in the Department in managing their budgets and compiling monthly reports on expenditures and forecasts, and being on a committee that made major budget decisions, and reporting statistical data monthly to Regional Headquarters.
5. Reviewed, typed and proofread all correspondence going in and out of the Executive's office.
6. Organized all travel arrangements and maintained all records for the Admin Budget.
7. Organized meetings and gathered documentation used in discipline and labour relations proceedings.
8. Typed and distributes personal performance evaluations off all Senior Management and ensured all background information was put on their personnel files.
9. Investigated Harassment Complaints by interviewing all staff and any witnesses involved; reported findings and suggested corrective action to the Executive Director which required problem-solving skills and critical thinking; and compiled statistical information to Regional Headquarters monthly.
10. Managed the Accreditation and risk management activities within the Hospital and liaised with the Canadian Hospital Accreditation Agency. Ensured all Managers were kept up to date on any changes and relevant information distributed. Monthly presentations presented at the monthly Accreditation meetings which I Chaired. (The Hospital got a 3 year Accreditation).
11. Screened calls and complaints from the General Public, Ministers of Parliament, National and Regional Headquarters and gathered all relevant information so the Executive Director could respond appropriately.
12.Managed and provided leadership for subordinate staff which included training, setting priorities, setting objectives, and completing their Performance Evaluations
13.Reviewed & analyzed Inquiries ensuring the approved process was followed and all relevant information gathered, as well as facilitating the development and implementation of Findings and Corrective Action was completed in a timely way,
14. Chaired Employment Hiring Boards for Clerical and Secretarial Staff in accordance with applicable Laws and Policies and made hiring decisions in accordance with the results of interviews held,
Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, the Internet, as well as other individual programs. I have worked in a stressful, fast paced business for most of my career and have had to deal with tight deadlines and changing priorities.
In the Positions held I worked independently, and always had to exercise judgment, initiative and leadership; my work was often confidential and not to be discussed with other staff. It was imperative that I had good communication skills dealing with all levels of staff, senior managers and members of the community both verbally and in writing. As the Manager of a Department and Executive Assistant it was critical for me to set a good example and set a positive environment for staff to work in.
Project Management: I was given the Project as the Planning Coordinator to plan the 25 Year Anniversary for the Regional Health Centre;
I was the Project Manager to Change the Inmate Records System in the Pacific Region, which required training all staff, hiring staff for the Project, identifying problems or concerns and ensuring timelines were met;
I was the Project Lead as the Chairperson for a Regional Investigation when Inmate files went missing. This included looking at all processes in 9 Institutions and 4 Parole Offices, interviewing staff, Managers and outside agencies, I made critical observations and recommendations to improve on procedures which was submitted directly to the Regional Commissioner of Corrections in the Pacific Region.
Media Relations Training
Managing difficult people
Train the Trainer
Records Management – Junior & Senior
Effective Communications Skills – Written & Verbal
Difference in Gender Communication & Management
Managing Different Personalities
I was awarded the QUEEN OF CANADA MEDAL for exemplary service in the Service of Canada in May 2004, and the EXEMPLARY SERVICE MEDAL,in May 2000, for exemplary service in the Correctional Services of Canada.