Publicist, Marketing Consultant, Award-Winning Producer, Journalist
Last active: 10/02/2014
I have worked in media for the past 17 years as a publicist, journalist, award-winning film/TV/video producer, TV host, celebrity interviewer, social media expert, casting director, recruiter, and writer.
I own my own PR agency, Premier1 Studios, which specializes in Christian entertainment media and marketing where I write and distribute national press releases, create press kits, set up SEO websites, set up and manage social media pages, book media tours, plan media events, etc.
I also produce promotional videos, book or movie trailers, speaker reels, etc.
My objective is to obtain contract jobs in any of the following areas:
* Marketing, branding, publicity and social media
* Writing (publicity, journalism, blogs, creative or technical)
* Consulting in the areas of PR, marketing, social media, & filmmaking
* Event planning
* Public speaking
My PR/marketing experience covers the following arenas:
* FILM - as a producer of two films (Flag of My Father, Desires of the Heart), I handled the PR and marketing
* BOOK PUBLISHING - worked as the public relations specialist at Howard Publishing, now Howard Books with Simon & Schuester and have worked and am currently working on book publicity campaigns through my own agency; have also worked on the PR campaign of the #! NY Times Bestselling author Richard Paul Evans through Motive Marketing
* RADIO - was the Internet marketing manager for a group of five radio stations, The Radio People.
* TOURISM - Worked as the public relations coordinator at the Monroe-West Monroe CVB
My writing experience includes:
* PUBLICITY - Press kits and press releases. You can view press releases here: One Focus Living, Flag of My Father. You can view sample press releases and online press kits in my portfolio
* JOURNALISM - Articles and blogs - Write as the National Christian Movies Examiner on Examiner.com and am a contributor for various other publications including Sonoma Christian Home. I also write my own blog at ChristianMovieConnect.com and CherylWicker.com
* MARKETING - Website copy and promotional material, including brochures, DVD cover copy, print ads, radio/TV commercials, video scripts for book trailers & promotional videos,etc. Have won awards for some of my pieces.
* CREATIVE - , plays, skits and narration for church productions
* TECHNICAL -Technical articles. Former ghostwriter for the Greenqube.com blog
My background is extremely multi-faced which gives me a broad range of experiences to draw on for my work. I currently serve on the Northeast Louisiana Film Commission and the President's Task Force for Christian Women in Media. I speak at film festivals and conventions, churches and other organizations. I travel to many film and media events around the country and am very connected in the entertainment industry, particularly in the faith-based genre.
A few things you should know about me is that I am the ultimate perfectionist. As a business owner, I strive for excellence in everything I do. So I do not take my responsibility lightly when another business hires me so that I can help to make them successful! I am well organized, have great communication skills, am hard working, and am easy to work with. My goal is to complete your project according to your specifications with the highest work ethic, in the most efficient means possible, and maintaining a pleasant work experience at all times!
I am happy to negotiate for a rate that will work with your budget.