Sql Server DBA
Last active: 04/14/2014
• IT Professional with over 8 years of working experience in SQL Server providing Lead Database Administration in the following environments: MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2008R2/2012 in Test, Production and Development Environments, in IT, Pharmacy and Finance environments.
• As a Lead SQL database administrator, performed End to End SQL Server administrative tasks ranging from installing and configuring servers, databases to setup and administer backup, recovery, replication, log shipping etc. Designed, created, administered and maintained databases in both development and production environment.
• Involved in Migration of Databases from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008R2 & from SQL Server 2008R2 to SQL Server 2012.
• Extensively worked on DTS in SQL Server 2000, Application Design requirements, Backups, Disaster Recovery Planning, Security Management, Managing server and clients, T-SQL, Stored Procedures, Functions, Cursors and Triggers etc.
• Successfully carried out Server Installations 2000,2005,2008 and 2012,Database creation as per specification, File group alterations, Query analyzing, Export & Import, Backups and restore
• Implementing Transactional and Snapshot Replication and Performed Log Shipping as Disaster Recovery Solutions.
• Good at Data availability solutions like Online Restore, Database Snapshot, and Fast Recovery
• Worked on Principals (logins), user permissions and security in SQL server level.
• Was involved in the Data migration procedures
• Experience in using tools like SQL Profiler for monitoring MS SQL Server Performance.
• Monitoring SQL Server logs to ensure the backup operations, batch commands, or other scripts and processes have completed successfully.
• Monitoring Event viewer, SQL Error logs and Log File Viewer for Software and hardware related errors.
• Knowledge on backend skills in creating SQL objects like Tables, Stored Procedures, Views, Indexes, Triggers, Rules, Defaults, User defined Data Types and Functions.
• Knowledge on OLAP experience SQL Server Reporting Services
• Worked on SQL Server Report Wizard, created custom reports, managed security of reports, handled Query analyzer of reports, installation of SQL Reporting services 2008,Formatting of Reports, deployments of reports and also handled Email and File sharing subscriptions in SSRS 2008.
• Knowledge on SAP Web Intelligence Reporting services
• Provided 24 X 7 Production Database On-Call Support.
• Prepared Video Tutorials in SQL Server for the team
• Willingness to learn, team facilitator and leadership qualities
• Excellent Academic Record that not only laid strong foundation in various platforms but also helped me to hone project management skills.
• Good experience in managing the Trainings Department activities like administration, timesheet reviewing, recruitment and selection.
• Strong and dedicated player.
• Knowledge on Sharepoint Integration on SQL Reporting server
• Excellent communication and team management skills.
• Comprehensive problem solving abilities and good planning capabilities
• Ability to deal with people diplomatically, Committed, energetic and self-motivated team leader/player.
• Strong in MS Powerpoint,MS Excel , MS Word and Camstacia Studio for Reporting and Presentations.
• Worked in Google Drives,Google Sites and Google Docs.