Joao Verdades Dos Santos
Lawyer, Lawyer-Linguist, Business and Social Media Consultant
Joao Verdades dos Santos, discovered a real professional challenge in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg while using “Second Life” – a 3 D social media platform – that some companies used to recruit their talents.
Lawyer in Portugal since October 2006, admitted in Luxembourg since May 2012 , Mr. Verdades dos Santos has more than ten years of legal experience and consulting in Portugal in the field of Business Law, Civil Law, Contracts and Deeds, Civil and Criminal Litigation, amongst other; and more than 4 years of experience in Luxembourg in the following domains Corporate and Company Law (domiciliation of companies, SPV´s and Alternative Investment Funds); Insurance and Banking Law.
Currently attending a master program in “European Legal Studies” by EIPA – European Institute of Public Administration and “Université de Lorraine” (formally Nancy 2), preparing and drafting a master thesis with the title “A New Regulatory and Supervisory Framework for EU Insurance Law”.
His multi-lingual skills in Portuguese (mother-tongue), English (written and spoken), French (spoken), Spanish (spoken) allowed him to be easily integrated in the business community of the Grand Duchy.
With an entrepreneurial mindset, Mr. Verdades dos Santos saw in Luxembourg a mature multi-cultural competitive international cross-border hub and the perfect business environment to set up his own legal venture. This is not only in part due to the credibility and stability of Grand Duchy, but also due to EU directives on Freedom to Provide Services and in particular to big impact of these directives applicable to independent professionals like Lawyers, the perfect incentive to someone that act´s local but thinks global.
One of the most important assets that Mr. Verdades dos Santos developed during his career was a solid global on-line and face-to-face business network in Luxembourg, Portugal, Brazil, Angola, USA, France, UK, Switzerland, Spain (amongst others countries) and direct connections with entrepreneurs, investors, companies and stakeholders, banks, business consultants, diplomats, regulators, that will be used during the life cycle of the legal venture projects – VS Legalnetwork and DRVS.
The venture will focus the following main areas:
1. “Droit des Affairs” including all sorts of legal services, but not limited to the domiciliation of Luxembourg companies, directorship and management of these structures, international tax planning and solutions for entrepreneurs, investors, funds and financial institutions, intellectual property, data protection, etc.;
2. Legal services to the Portuguese community in Luxembourg, but not limited to legal consulting in questions related with the Portuguese Legal System itself and from a judicial cross-border perspective Luxembourg and Portugal;
3. Foreign Direct Investment to Luxembourg and Portugal;
4. Legal Engineering to investors setting up efficient gateway into the Lusophone world – Brazil, Portugal, Angola, Cap Verde, São Tomé and Prince, Mozambique, Macau;
5. International Arbitration and Mediation Services;
6. Public Affairs and EU Lobbying in Brussels, Strasbourg and Luxembourg for Portuguese undertakings and institutions;
7. Lawyer-linguist and legal translation agency services;
8. Consulting for Lawyers in the field of legal project management and social media technologies.
9. Business and Financial consulting to Entrepreneurs, SME´s, and Investors.