Full stack web developer, Team leader
Currently Software Development Manager in Allegro Group focusing on the subject of Big Data.
I am a full stack web developer capable of delivering whole web applications from engine to layout, with over 12 years of experience in writing web applications and websites. During this time I've worked remotely full time for companies in New York (2 years) and in France (6 months).I tend to see myself as Software Engineer choosing technology appropriate to task at hand. I code primarily in Ruby and Ruby on Rails, and more recently I've jumped on a band wagon of Meteor.js popularity. These technologies allow me to deliver whole applications in no time.
Since I've heard about genetic algorithms almost 20 years ago, I tried to focus on some machine learning problems, lately testing my skills on Kaggle platform and completing part of Data Science track on Coursera. I am perpetually trying to use these skills in my current job, proposing data science solutions that could transform some of our products and procedures, from Financial Accounting, through Managerial Accounting, down to the core of our IT products.
Some of my proudest accomplishments are:
- Single handedly writing fully functional Groupon clone - Citeam.pl, from layout, through Ruby on Rails engine, up to scalable deployment in the cloud. The whole app had been completed within 3 weeks.
- I have developed a Ruby on Rails CMS, as my pet project, which serves all webpages I have created for various customers throughout years
- Over 20 minimalistic webpages, served by above mentioned CMS, beautifully designed by MINIMA agency.
- Coauthored huge Ruby on Rails CRM application, working remotely for New York based company Direct Interactive
- Ruby on Rails engine of Trzymajtempo social sport site (trzymajtempo.pl).
- Played major role in a few more RoR applications.
Fluent English speaker, proven by Certificate of Proficiency in English.