Non-Profit Grant Writer with Experience in Federal and State Grants
Last active: 2 months ago
Director, Grants Manager, Program Developer
• Successful grant writer and grants manager (75% funding rate)
• Excellent communication, presentation and public speaking skills
• Accomplished in community based strategic planning and capacity
• Extensive background in prevention services and program development
• Led organization to national award, 2013 Got Outcomes! Coalition of
Middle Tennessee State University, Murfreesboro, TN- Attended 2002-2006
Earned Bachelor of Science in Psychology with minors in Mental Health Services and Sociology in 2006
Professional Experience and Accomplishments:
• Responsible for organizational funding through grant writing and community fundraising.
• Responsible for grants management including in kind documentation and reports regarding budget and implementation progress.
• Responsible for managing employees, over 50 adult volunteers and over 35 youth volunteers.
• Orchestrates community mobilization through implementation of training conferences, town hall meetings, regional initiatives, and meetings with local and state elected officials.
• Leads community based strategic planning bi annually surrounding the community issues related to the organization mission such as substance abuse prevention, veteran issues, teen pregnancy and treatment referral.
• Responsible for all reporting procedures, including evaluation of the organization and programs.
• Responsible for program and campaign sustainability.
• Responsible for implementation of evidenced based prevention for County, Certified Prevention Specialist II.
• Increased office efficiency streamlining office procedures and through optimal use of the computer with the result of added responsibilities from the main office including keeping the Alice Data Base current for both Coffee and Bedford Counties and co-coordinating and writing the end of the month report for all six counties served by the agency (Haven of Hope).
• Developer and project manager of prevention programs, campaigns, and initiatives for the organization.
• Liaison to the community, police departments, health agencies, local government and schools for the organization.
• Responsible for collecting data and collaborating with multiple agencies to create a data collection system in order to assess bi annually the rate of alcohol, tobacco, and other drug usage rates in Coffee County.
• Public speaker, increasing the visibility of Coffee County Anti-Drug Coalition by presenting at conferences, numerous state level meetings, and for local community agencies and service clubs.
• Case manager, responsible for 50 to 70 victims of domestic violence monthly.
• Court Advocate, completing and filing Order of Protection petitions, attending criminal and civil hearings.
• Support Group Leader-provided individual and group educational sessions to teach coping and life skills.
• Crisis Evaluator, responsible for lethality assessment, safety planning, and crisis intervention
Other Activities and Honors:
2013 Got Outcomes! Coalition of Excellence
2012 Tennessee Department of Health’s Injury Prevention Award Recipient
2010 National Coalition Academy Graduate
Prevention Alliance of Tennessee Executive Board Member
Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America Member
Tullahoma Lion’s Club Member
AEDC Woman’s Club Member