IT System Administrator, Network and Data Management Officer
Last active: 10/15/2014
1st August 2008 to 13th September 2014
Mercy Corps (Country office Pakistan @ Islamabad)
• Administer network workstations, utilizing one or more TCP/IP or non-TCP/IP networking protocols and/or one or more GUI Linux-based or any Windows based operating systems.
• E-mail management, and providing IT tools, services to all employee.
• Evaluate and/or recommend purchases of computers, network hardware, peripheral equipment, and software;
• Investigate user problems, identify their source, determine possible solutions, test and implement solutions.
• Install, configure, and maintain personal computers, Linux workstations, file servers, Ethernet networks, network cabling, and other related equipment, devices, and systems; adds or upgrades and configures modems, disk drives, data acquisition boards, CD ROM units, printers, and related equipment.
• Perform and/or oversee software and application development, installation, and upgrades.
• Maintain site licenses for department/organization.
• Plan and implement network security, including building firewalls, applying cryptography to network applications, managing host security, file permissions, backup and disaster recovery plans, file system integrity, and adding and deleting users.
• Troubleshoot networks, systems, and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
• Develop and conduct various training and instruction for system users on operating systems, relational databases, and other applications; assist users in maximizing use of networks and computing systems.
• Identify utilization patterns and their effect on operation/system availability and performance expectations.
• Anticipate communication and networking problems and implement preventive measures.
• Establish and perform maintenance programs following company and vendor standards.
• Ensure timely user notification of maintenance requirements and effects on system availability.
• Investigate, recommend and install enhancements and operating procedures that optimize network availability.
• Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network.
• Document network problems and resolutions for future reference.
June 2006 to July 2008 International Organization, Mercy Corps Pakistan
Data Management Assistant.
• Enter and process data.
• Maintain district database and Reports.
• Update records of project purchased items from procurement and warehouse on Weekly basis and keep track of all items.
• Assist Admin / Finance assistant in filing and maintaining all project documents.
• Assist Admin / Finance assistant to process purchase requisitions and purchase vouchers to finance and procurement.
• Any other duty assigned by Regional Coordinator.
• Conduct him/her self professionally and personally in such a manner so as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and in no way jeopardize its humanitarian efforts.
June 2005 to May 2006 Muhammad Ayub & Brothers Cons. Company
Project: Realignment of National Highway, N-65 between Jacobabad ~ Dera Allah Yar
Computer Operator, Office and IT Administrator
• Enter and process data.
• Maintain Site database and Reports.
• To Maintain Networking
• To Solve Pc’s Problem (Hardware/Software)
• To Provide Daily/Weekly Material Lists of Sites
Cisco Certified Network Associate Routing & Switching (CCNA)
Cisco Certified Network Professional Routing, Switching & Trouble Shooting (CCNP)
Microsoft® Exchange Server 2010
Microsoft® ISA Server 2004
• English, Urdu and Local Languages of Pakistan.
• Expert Report and Writing and Analysis.
• Knowing Computer skills, Office automation, internet, presentations.
• Traveling experience all over the Pakistan.
• Data analysis