Systems architect / Solution consultant
Last active: 5 days ago
- Generating the highest level of system requirements, based on the user's needs and other constraints such as cost and schedule.
- Ensuring that this set of high level requirements is consistent, complete, correct, and operationally defined.
- Performing cost-benefit analyses to determine whether requirements are best met by manual, software, or hardware functions; making maximum use of commercial off-the-shelf or already developed components.
- Partitioning large systems into (successive layers of) subsystems and components each of which can be handled by a single engineer or team of engineers or subordinate architect.
- Generating products such as sketches, models, and prototypes to keep the user and the engineers constantly up to date and in agreement on the system to be provided as it is evolving.
- Interfacing with the design and implementation engineers and architects, so that any problems arising during design or implementation can be resolved in accordance with the fundamental design concepts, and user needs and constraints.
- Ensuring that a maximally robust design is developed.
- Generating a set of acceptance test requirements, together with the designers, test engineers, and the user, which determine that all of the high level requirements have been met.