Full Stack Web Developer with 19 Years Experience
I'm a Full Stack Web Developer and Server Administrator offering 19 years of building database driven web sites, systems, and APIs.
Most of my experience is from 18 years with NetCrafters in Cincinnati, Ohio. I created their first generation Content Management System (CMS) and administration tools with a multiple server environment to support several hundred customers, ranging from local and regional businesses to large Fortune 100 corporations - including retail, supply companies, machine tool distributors, therapists, consumer products manufacturers, physicians, community groups, and professional services of every kind.
I would be happy to assist you with the following services:
- Database driven web sites, systems, and APIs
- Connecting remote sites and systems together
- Converting web site mockups to responsive HTML and CSS
- Retrofitting older site designs with responsive code
- Linux server deployment and administration
- Web, DNS, Email, SSH, and FTP servers
- Secure certificate purchasing, installation, and renewals
- Domain registration and renewals
- Google Apps setup and support
- Google Analytics setup and support
- Troubleshooting complex systems and security issues
- Screen scraping to parse remote data
- Technical and Support Documentation
To get a better idea of if we would be a good fit, here is a comprehensive list of tools and environments with which I've had long term experience:
SERVER ADMINISTRATION - Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Red Hat), APT, Yum, MacPorts, Apache, Nagios 3, Postfix, Mailman, Majordomo, Bind9 DNS, ProFTPD, Secure FTP, Secure Certificates and SSL installation, rsync, Snapback, Icecast and Darkice (streaming audio), Amazon Web Services, Rackspace managed hosting, Rackspace Cloud Servers, Rackspace Cloud Sites, Digital Ocean, AISO, Server Beach.
DOMAIN MANAGEMENT - Network Solutions, Bulk Register (eNom), GoDaddy, NameCheap, Blue Razor, Dotster.
E-COMMERCE - Paypal/Verisign, Authorize.Net, X-Cart, osCommerce and variants, Nexternal, Cart32.
DEVELOPMENT TOOLS - Git, Github, Bitbucket, SourceTree, Eclipse (Aptana and EPIC plugins), Coda, Transmit, Sequel Pro, phpMyAdmin, Dreamweaver, Balsamiq, Clarify, Photoshop, Microsoft Office.
COLLABORATION - IRC, Skype, HipChat, FireChat, GoToMeeting, Google Hangouts, and join.me.
MISC - Google Apps setup and support, Google Analytics, Formstack, Wufoo forms, Feedburner, Hootsuite, Emma, MailChimp, OmniFocus, VMWare.
I've also had occasional involvement with MS Access databases, Mercurial, Ecometry, Ruby, Python, TCL, Foswiki and Node.js/Angular.
View open source work at:
Github - http://github.com/bradmc
CPAN - http://search.cpan.org/~bradmc