Experienced Technical Specialist, Server and Systems administrator
I would like to describe myself as a highly motivated tech enthusiast with 10+ years experience working with pioneers of the WebHosting Industry and projects that demanded diverse skills and posed unique challenges. My strengths include my ability to work with an organized and systematic approach, my ability to be a demonstrative and open leader with a knack in mentoring and training. I can adapt quick to changes in technologies, infrastructure and systems while using my ability to think, plan and prioritize. I can multitask and also engage in upbeat and professional communication (English) with clients, vendors and customers. I have similar evident expertise and experience in written communication as well. I can be sure that I am a person who can work remotely and under pressure without making supervision or directions a must, all the time.
My hands-on experience are on the following Administrative tasks :
1. Server Security Audits and applying patches, that includes and is not limited to kernel recompilation, sysctl hardening, etc.
2. DoS/DDoS attack Identification and Mitigation.
3. Inbound/Outbound Spam attack Identification and Mitigation.
4. Firewall : Installation, configuration and modification of Firewall policies w.r.t. DoS attacks, Spam prevention, IP forwarding, Re-routing, etc.
5. Performance Tuning Web services like Apache, RDBMS MySQL.
6. Tweaking Apache, PHP and MySQL for Server Security.
7. Recompiling Apache and PHP for additional Module support.
8. Recompiling kernel for Security patches and new module support.
9. Troubleshooting/Debugging L2 and L3 issues on Webhosting control panels : cPanel, Odins Plesk, DirectAdmin, Webmin, ISPManager along with the FTP, database, Webserver, Mailserver issues.
10. Troubleshooting/Debugging L2 isses on WebHosting Control panels : Ensim Pro, H-Sphere.
11. Remote Server Installation over KVM of the following Operating Systems : CentOS, Fedora, Debian/Ubuntu, FreeBSD, Windows 2003/2008 [including LVM & Software RAID setup].
12. Troubleshooting issues related to Web-applications like CMS Joomla, Nuke, Magento, PhpBB, WordPress, Twiki, etc.
13. Installation & implementation of Open source softwares and custom softwares.
14. Writing Technical Docs and KB articles for WebHosting Companies to assist their customers.
15. Install/Upgrade and configure Helpdesk and Billing Softwares : WHMCS, AWBS, UberSmith, Kayako, Cereberus, Perldesk, etc.
16. Install/Upgrade and customize monitoring softwares : Nagios, Hostmonitor, etc.
17. Install and configure Virtual Private Networks [OpenVPN & iptables]
18. Configure and administer XenServer, XenCenter and Provision services.
19. Identify Server Hardware issues and recommend suggestions for minimizing downtime, and improve server performance.
20. Identify tasks that require automation, and automate them, or suggest ideas for automation to the developers.
21. Perform Server migrations / Server restorations with minimal downtime.
22. Perform Control Panel migrations with minimal downtime.
I am experienced with a broad range of software, utilities and protocols, including the following:
Web Servers : Apache , IIS, Nginx DNS Servers :Â BIND, Windows DNS server
Networking :Â TCP/IP, Telnet, FTP, DNS, ifconfig, route, netstat, xinetd, HTTP
Wrappers, Custom Firewalls, APF/BFD, CSF/LFD, IPFW, Windows Security Firewall
WebHosting Control panels : cPanel, DirectAdmin, Odins Plesk, Webmin & Virtualmin, ISPSystems, H-Sphere, Interworkx, Hosting Controller
Virtualization : OpenVZ, Virtuozzo, VMware, Xen, OpenVPN, Parallels Systems [PBA/PVA/PCM/PIM/Virtuozzo] Domain Expertise (WebÂhosting)
Linux Server : Administration and Maintenance Linux Server Security Linux Server Performance Tuning and Optimization Critical data backup using utility programs and custom scripts.
ACHIEVEMENTS & CONTRIBUTIONS :
"Best Tech Award" for achieving the lowest error rate and Nonconformities in the work done. "Wall of Fame Award", This is a company wide recognition feature for accomplishing individuals. My Article on "Control Panels and Migration" was published at newsforge.com.