Senior Unix / Linux System Administrator
Last active: 03/26/2014
- Provides support, administration, maintenance, research and product management for Aon's global Linux and Unix server deployment.
- Responsible for 12x7 on call support of the environment and occasional off hrs/weekend support.
- Works independently to provide a wide variety of system administration services in the Enterprise Linux and Unix Server Environment. This includes: building, deploying, managing, and supporting Aon's global Linux & Unix infrastructure.
- Involvement in strategic and tactical projects at all levels, technical leadership, complex administrative tasks, resource and capacity planning, product administration, support and root cause analysis.
- Proactively and effectively communicates status, plan-of-action, and resolution of issues.
- Leading strategic initiatives in line with organization goals.
- Linux/Unix kernel level debugging and involvement in cross functional & cross geographic projects sponsored with/by other organizational units (Print, Security, Disaster Recovery, Capacity Planning, Network, SAN/NAS, Database, and various business groups).