IT systems expert / IT assistance
Last active: 11/27/2013
I graduated at ITIS Galileo Galileo (technical school) in IT science in 2002.
After I started work in a local IT company for 4 years as HW and SW technician, HW assembler, system administrator, LAN and VPN architect, website management.
In 2008 I had the opportunity to join the international IT department of Decathlon in Spain, where I started as Front Office helpdesk technician and promoted after a few months as Back Office technician. Helpdesk was in charge of the telephonic and remote assistance of Decathlon's retail, logistic, production and headquarter sites of Spain, Portugal, Italy, Romania, Turkey, Egypt, Tunisia, Morocco and Brazil.
In 2009 I was invited to be part of the Decathlon Portugal local IT team where I was responsible for all the IT structure of the country. My job was check daily the health of the infrastructure (servers backup, network failures, servers alerts and maintenance) and resolve all the issues that local users had, like HW or SW problems. I also was in charge of the new sites opening projects (I opened several stores and the 40000m logistic centre placed in Setubal) and new projects implementation (WIFI for customers, RFID, Google Apps migration the most important). I managed and negotiated assistance, maintenance and services contracts with local providers.
I'm fluent in Italian, Portuguese and Spanish, and I have good skills in English and French.
- Good communication skills with the customer: understand their requirements, use of a register adapted to their level of knowledge, confidence building through a calm and clear tone
- Good communication skills with colleagues, analyse and share ideas and opinions to follow a common path and reach the goal
- Good communication skills with providers: explain in a detailed and clear way what I want, to guarantee a fast and reliable service, maintaining high confidence between the parties
- Organised and precise in my work. I always seek the most appropriate solution to the problem, after compare all the possibles ways for solve the problem.
- Good organisation under the management of various projects and teams to achieve a quality end result.
- Experience in working under pressure and with tight timings without causing an arrest of customer activity (many projects of opening new offices and remodelling the old ones, where the activity couldn't be stopped).
- Always evaluate all the variables to calculate all the possibilities and anticipate possibles errors.
- I like teamwork and challenges.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft (ECDL certificate) and LibreOffice (open source)
- Domain of Windows operating system, iOS, Linux and Windows Server
- Strong knowledge of LAN and WAN architectures and related equipment, in particular Cisco, 3COM and HP, Netasq (switches, Ap, routers and firewalls).
- Good knowledge of Google Apps platform (I was responsible for the migration from MS Exchange to Google Apps in Decathlon Portugal)
- Domain of hardware and software problems analysis and resolution (experience in technical assistance HW and SW)
- Domain of assembly and setting HW (particularly DELL Power Edge servers)
- Good knowledge of IBM AS400 system (currently used in the Decathlon logistics sites)
- Strong knowledge of CA Service Desk system for managing customer support (it is used in Decathlon)
- Good knowledge of systems and CA Unicenter DSM for managing IT equipments and software massive installation
- Basic knowledge of MS SQL Server
- Good knowledge of Active Directory
- Good knowledge of video conferencing systems Polycom , Cisco Webex and Team Viewer