Logistics, Purchasing and Supply Chain Professional
Over 10 years of experience working for large and small manufacturing businesses. 5 years of Purchasing/Buyer experience, 5 years of International and Domestic Logistics experience.
Excellent computer skills. Expert on all Microsoft Office applications as well as Adobe Photoshop. Highly proficient in SAP and ERP (7i Datastream and Netsuite). Assisted in implementation in both 7i Datastream and Netsuite.
Experienced in Graphic Design and Website Design (Wordpress).
Typing Speed is 100+ wpm.
I am very responsible and comfortable working under a deadline. I have a full-time job as a Logistics Manager however I am able to balance my work throughout the day to fit both my full-time position and any o-desk jobs as well.
International Purchasing and Logistics Manager:
Worked closely with manufacturing, sales, customer service and accounting to create timely, cost-effective import/export supply chains.
• Responsible for determining inventory need, order processing, customs documentation processing, delivery and receipt of all products coming into the US from India, China, South Korea, Thailand and Exporting into Europe and Brazil.
• Worked daily with Excel, NetSuite (ERP System) for inventory tracking, auditing and demand planning.
• Understands Domestic/International shipping procedures and customs processes for vessel and air shipments of FTL, LTL and Bulk Tanks.
• Developed and implemented strategies for improving logistics/purchasing inefficiencies and automating workflow.
• Resourced and communicated with new suppliers overseas for chemical materials and followed raw material commodity trends to determine pricing.
• Sought out cost savings initiatives for products, services and warehousing materials.
• Negotiated with freight carriers on flat rates and pricing. Sourced additional carriers as needed.
• Handled defective or unacceptable goods with vendors to determine the source of trouble and how to take corrective action.
• Worked directly with Manager of Quality Assurance to assure the product manufactured at the plant is processed, stored and shipped under quality standards and compliance with HACCP, GFSI and GMP standards.
• Supervised plant hourly personal within Quality Department in two facilities
• Maintained quality-related test and measurement devices-administers, executes and conducts devise calibration activities. Coordinated the disposition of materials held for rework.
• Developed and implemented effective containment and prevention activities within the plant.
• Training, scheduling, documentation reporting, internal audits and vendor audits as needed. Worked daily in ERP System (Datastream) and Excel.
• Verified, prepared and forwarded purchase orders. Verified receipt of items and authorized payment.
• Determined and implemented cost savings procedures throughout 15 facilities and corporate office. Main buying duties involved: packaging materials (corrugated, desiccant bags, strapping, wrapping, adhesives, etc.).
• Worked directly with Executive Vice President of Purchasing and Director of Purchasing to discover new ways to cut costs or purchase goods at a lower cost.
• Collected, analyzed and summarized data and trends regarding materials used in daily processes, presented information to Executive Vice President of Manufacturing and other members of management as needed.
• Organized a bid process for selling of scrap material from each of the 15 locations, resulting in the company receiving the absolute top dollar for unusable/defective materials.
• Assisted in the implementation of company wide ERP System (7i/Datastream).