Data Integrity Specialist
Last active: 24 days ago
Regardless of your industry, a database with the most thorough processes and intuitive user interface is, at best, unreliable if the data it’s storing is inaccurate, duplicated or outdated due to inconsistent entry and improper maintenance.
As a Data Integrity Specialist, it is my responsibility to ensure the consistency, accuracy, and maintenance of all records, documents, and other pertinent files within your database.
One of the most notable process improvements I implemented was the vendor price increase process. Taking initiative by assuming responsibility for maintaining the records in the database, I created an efficient method for performing price increases, saving the company thousands of dollars annually by eliminating the need to manually input price changes into their system.
I have spent the last four (4) years working independently to maintain large amounts of data pertaining to:
• Vendor price increases: retrieving and maintaining a hard drive of vendor price files and discounts schedules, and a spreadsheet of effective dates by vendor; price list preparation for import into the database, and a variance workbook to track changes by item by effective date.
• Mass personalized e-mail communications using MS Word, Excel and Outlook in order to obtain information used to track/anticipate upcoming price increases; retrieve price lists and discounts schedules; update websites, usernames and passwords, e-commerce options, pricing contacts, and general information.
• Dynamic queries to identify records meeting specific criteria in order make mass changes instantly or modify data in excel and import the changes into the database (including part number conversions, description changes, obsolete items, product groups, discount groups, item notes, etc.)
• Created reports using advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel to merge, consolidate, subtotal, search, replace, vlookup, and format data
• Commended and rewarded for implementing a position that minimized financial loss due to price discrepancies; recovery of financial losses due to inefficient coding of contract priced items; key in implementing a system of identification codes that would eliminate future occurrences of such losses
As for essential Administrative Assistant duties, having advanced knowledge of MS Office applications and an ability to quickly adapt to and master computer programs such as ERP One (formerly V2), Distribution One’s inventory software, I regularly worked closely with our Customer Service Manager, Operator, Purchaser, and CEO/Owner to provide reliable data analysis solutions such as Excel report templates, merging and consolidating spreadsheets, and inserting tables and charts. I also became proficient in creating mass personalized e-mail communications to vendors and customers.
I am a reliable, loyal, forward-thinking, creative, and efficient professional. I am contributing an emphasis on quality and efficient results and demonstrated problem-solving skills to offer accurate and timely completion of assignments, and thorough research and up-to-date solutions that increase efficiency and reliability of your database. I look forward to meeting with you to discuss how I may be able to help you reach your goals.