Freelance Writer, Technical Support, and Design/Layout Experience
Last active: 07/29/2014
Sidney City Schools
August 2008 – Present Sidney High School
I teach freshman general English, and Journalism. I am responsible for the layout, design, and submission of the school's weekly half-page newspaper to the local newspaper, The Sidney Daily News.
I have trained staff in using MasteryConnect, PowerSchool, Plato, Progress Book, and various technology programs available for teachers.
I teach the Reading and Writing portion of an OGT remediation and testing class in the summer. (2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013)
Apollo Career Center
August 2007 – June 2008 (11 months)
English Teacher - Part-time
November 2007 – May 2008 (7 months) Online
* Taught 10th and 11th grade English online
* Level one part-time instructor with 10 hours of office/online hours posted weekly.
* Total class size ranged from 40 - 90 students with a minimum of 30 active students participating weekly.
* Utilized various online programs and resources to teach and assess students in an online school setting.
Findlay High School
August 2002 – June 2007 (4 years 11 months)
* Taught college preparatory, general and basic level courses to freshman students.
* In a team-based approach, worked closely with fellow team members in Freshman Wing setting.
* Student Council Co-Advisor for Sophomore and Senior Class, 2005 – 2007
* English Department Representative for Technology Council, 2004 – 2007
* Trained English Department on use of DASL, new email system and Progress Book, 2006 - 2007
* High School Technology Council Representative for District Technology Council, 2005-2006
* English Department Representative for Faculty Council, 2003 – 2006
* Trained as a MAX (Dr. Forget, Reading in the Content Area) Program Trainer, 2004
* Created an incentive-based program to use in our Academic Lunch setting, 2003
* Proposed and implemented a novel change for the freshman English classes, 2003
* Teacher of the Month, November 2002
Assistant Director of the Youth Violence Prevention Program
Wood County Prosectuting Attorney's Office
June 1999 – December 1999 (7 months) Bowling Green, OH
Mandi Croft's Skills & Expertise
Microsoft Office Curriculum Design Public Speaking PowerPoint Microsoft Word Microsoft Excel Research Curriculum Development English Editing Tutoring Teaching Sales Desktop Publishing Computer Proficiency Website Development Writing Creative Writing Technical Writing Journalism
Mandi Croft's Education
Bowling Green State University
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Art and Promotion and Secondary English Education
1995 – 1998
While I graduated from Bowling Green State University in 1998, I also attended BGSU from 2000-2001 to finish my secondary English Certification.
Activities and Societies: Dance Marathon, Chi Omega Sorority
Sinclair Communty College
1994 – 1995
Activities and Societies: I attended Sinclair Community College for one year prior to transferring to Bowling Green State University. While attending Sinclair, I completed two quarters of a two-year program in Visual Communications.
Sidney High School
1990 – 1994