Experienced System Administrator, RHCE, with more than 9 years of experience in the industry. I work mainly in the web development and web-hosting/servers support area.
My areas of expertise cover all aspects of Linux server support and maintenance, from the OS/kernel level up to application level. This means that, based on the project needs, I can recommend and develop efficient backend solutions, using modern tools and best practices.
For an existing project I can quickly identify bottlenecks and resolve them, without changing the workflow of other stakeholders, or affecting service uptime.
My main skills are listed below:
- Security tuning, malware and virus removal (Wordpress, Magento, OSCommerce, etc)
- Amazon EC2 / Rackspace Cloud / Google Cloud computing setup (incl. GCE/EC2/Rackspace API scripting), experience with CloudFlare, OVH, Hetzner
- CPanel, Plesk, ISPConfig and other hosting panels (and their APIs)
- Servers configuration management (Ansible, SaltStack, Puppet)
- Virtualization (KVM, Xen, OpenVZ/Virtuozzo)
- PCI compliance.
- Sites/servers/domains migration (Wordpress, CPanel, Plesk)
- Shared file systems (nfs, drbd, ocfs2, gfs)
- Server security - VPNs, firewalls (iptables/firewalld/ufw), IDS (mod_security)
- Server performance optimization (Apache, Nginx, MySQL)
- Email white-listing, SPF, high load delivery, performance tuning
- Backups, shell scripts, IPv6 etc.
I have strong skills in Linux (major distributions), Apache, Nginx, MySQL, monitoring, security, performance, email services, firewalls, web-hosting panels (CPanel, Plesk, DirectAdmin).
I can also be a good system administrators team leader, have some experience with Agile/SCRUM dev process