Senior Medical Billing Specialist
Last active: 1 day ago
I have 3.5 years of experience in US medical billing. I worked for GE clients as Senior Medical billing specialist for 3 years.Currently I am working as a freelancer for a Medical Billing company.
My job responsibilities are
- Aggressive claims follow up on denials from all insurances like Workers Comp, Medicare, Medicaid, BCBS Managed care and Commercial Insurances (Aetna, BCBS, Cigna, UHC, Oxford etc)
- To check Eligibility and verification of patient’s health benefits from insurance carrier’s website and through Phone.
- Creating claims
- Full patient demographics and charge entry
- Daily, Monthly reports to doctors
- Patient billing as per instructions
- Sending medical records and appeals
- Super bill review
- Insurance claims submission (primary, secondary or tertiary)
- To match the right DX and CPT code according to medical records
- Provide right DX pointers to avoid payment delays
- Add correct modifiers & send corrected claims with timely filing.
- To make on call appeals for reprocessing of incorrectly processed claims
- Obtaining authorizations and referrals.