Expert DEV/OPS & Senior Linux Systems Administrator
With 20 + years of providing I.T. support and services for some of the top Fortune 100 companies in the world, I'm here to provide clients with remote administration and support services that provide the operational framework for the delivery of the organizations I.T. systems and software to meet their requirements using Open Source software and Cloud Services. I can and will deliver great results with a process that’s timely, collaborative and at a great value for my clients.
* Ability to build and maintain customer relationships to allow on-going long term support services.
* Provide solutions that guarantee a cost effective implementation and integration of business critical applications and components.
* Coordinate and facilitate consultation with clients to define systems and business requirements for new technology implementations.
* Establishe clear plans and priorities.
* Produce high quality technical and briefing documents.
* Excellent communications skills (verbal, written and listening).
Remote Administration and Support Services:
Infrastructure as a Service (IAAS)
*AWS - (Compute) - EC2, EC2 Container Service, Lambda., (Storage & Content Delivery) - S3, Elastic File System, Storage Gateway, Glacier, Cloudfront., (RDS) - MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server, Amazon Aurora, (Networking) - VPC, Direct Connect, Route 53., (Administration & Security) - Directory Service, Identity & Access Management, Trust Advisor, Cloud Trail, CloudWatch. (Deployment & Management) - Elastic Beanstalk, Opsworks, CloudFormation, CodeDeploy., (Mobile Services) - Cognito, Device Farm.
* Additional IAAS Services: Rackspace, Openstack, Azure, Cloud Foundry and Digital Ocean.
Configuration Management Tools: Puppet, Chef, Ansible, CFEngine, SaltStack, RANCID, Ubuntu Juju.
* Web Servers: Apache, nginx, IIS.
* Web Development Environments: (LAMP) - Linux OS + Apache + MySQL + PHP., (XAMPP) - Apache + MySQL + PHP + Perl.
* Source Code Management Systems consisting of Github, Git, IBM Rational ClearCase, Vesta, Perforce, Aegis, ArX, Bazaar, Codeville, BitKeeper, GNU arch, Fossil, CVS, SVN.
* Web Server Management: cPanel/WHM, Plesk, Zpanel, Webmin
* Continuous Integration: Jenkins, Rundeck, Talend, Bamboo, Apache Continuum, Cruise Control and Build Master.
* Application Deployment: RPM, Apt, Capistrano, JNLP, and OSGi.
* Application Servers: Glassfish, Websphere, Weblogic.
* Content Management: Joomla
* Content Delivery: Squid
* Virtualization: VMware, KVM, Citrix Zen Server, Virtual Box.
* Containerization: Docker, Solaris 10/11, LCX.
* Load Balancers: F5, Barracuda, A10 Networks, HA Proxy.
* Network Monitoring and Administration: Cisco, Juniper, New Relic, Nagios, Open NMS, Capsa Free, Fiddler, NetworkMiner, Pandora FMS, Zenoss Core and PRTG Network Monitor. Security: Snort, Tripwire, Snorby Threat Stack.
* Designed, created and tested Disaster Recovery Plans (DRP's), which involved testing regularly to verify the integrity of planned operations and performed updates periodically to reflect infrastructure changes and add support for new services.
* Administered and supported tape/disk/SSD backups and restores to provide timely data restores/backups.
Technical Skills Summary:
* Operating Systems: , Linux (RedHat EL, Fedora, Ubuntu, Amazon Linux, SUSE Linux SLES, FreeBSD, Debian, Mageia, Mint, Arch, CentOS), Unix (IBM AIX, Oracle/SUN Solaris, OpenSolaris, HP-UX 11.x, HP Tru-64), Apple Mac OSX (Lion, Mountain Lion, Yosemite), MS-Windows (XP, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, Server 2003, 2008 R2, 2012 R2), VMS, MVS.
* Operating System Services: DNS, NIS, OpenLDAP, NFS, DHCP, DFS, FTP, TFTP, TELNET, MS Active Directory, OpenSSH, SMTP, FINGER, HTTP, HTTPS, KERBEROS, POP2, POP3, SUNRPC, SNMP.
* Filesystems: afs, dfs, cifs, jfs, jfs2, ufs, vxfs, ext2, ext3, ext4, reiserfs, advfs, zfs, ntfs, MSDOS, FAT16, FAT32.
* Databases: Oracle (8i, 9i, , 10g, 10g,11g, RAC, ASM), IBM DB2, Mongo DB, Sybase, Informix, My SQL, PL/SQL, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MS Access, Siebel, LDAP, Enterprise DB.
* Internet Protocol Suite: BGP, DHCP, DNS, FTP, HTTP, IMAP, LDAP, MGCP, NNTP, NTP, POP, RTP, RSTP, RIP, SIP, SMTP SNMP, SSH, Telnet, TLS/SSL, XMPP, TCP, UDP, SCTP, RSVP, IP v4/v6, ICMP, IPsec, ARP, NDP, OSPF, Tunnels (L2TP), PPP, DSL.
Education: B.S.E.E.T. DeVry Institute of Technology