Ogulo James Emmanuel
Last active: 07/23/2014
July2003 -To date MANAGING DIRECTOR/ CIVIL ENGINEER.
SKYLIM ARCHITECTS & ENGINEERING COMPANY LIMITED.
• Implementing the company’s set objectives, policies and goals.
• Managing the company’s human resource and all assets.
• Lobbying and executing contracts on behalf of the company.
• Liaising with different partners/authorities on issues pertaining the company.
• Preparing and submitting annual reports to the company’s board of directors.
• Planning and budgeting for various company activities.
Key projects handled.
• Habitat for Humanity Uganda building project for flood risky areas- OVC houses (20 no.)
Carried out all the procurement processes, site investigation, unit rates preparation, bid documents preparations
and signing the agreements on behalf of the company.
Prepared the work programmes, allocated duties to the respective departmental heads, administered the
procurement and storage of materials, carried out the cost analysis of the project, formulated & prepared
documents for the monitoring and payment of the site personnel, chaired site meetings, liaised with different
stakeholders of the project. Total labour force : 20 skilled and 80 unskilled .
• Handled the feasibility study, preliminary design, concept design, detailed design for both Architectural and Structural drawings, Bills of Quantities preparation ,Bar bending schedules formulation ,construction and supervision of the Three Storied Building Commercial Complex for Mrs. Apeduno Everynl.
Total labour force : 18 skilled and 50 unskilled .
• Responsible for the procurement and construction of school class room blocks and VIP latrines in both normal and collapsible soils under Schools Facilitations Grant (SFG) and Poverty Reduction Development Programme (PRDP) projects in Kumi, Bukedea and Ngora Districts. Through selective and open bidding procedures, I was responsible for site investigation, bid preparation ,formulation of unit rates ,cost analysis, signing of the contract agreements, supervision and construction of all the works.
Total labour force: 12 skilled and 20 unskilled.
• Managed the erection of the Soroti- Kabermaido main water transmission pipe line - 2Km stretch.
This was a Sub -contract from Spencon Technical Services and it was a labour intensive project.
Responsible for the procurement processes, site investigation, unit rates preparation, bid documents preparations
and signing of the agreement on behalf of the company.
Supervised the site clearance, excavation of the trenches (invert level from 0.9-1.5m), sand bedding, pipe
laying and back filling and testing of the pipeline. Total labour force : 5 skilled and 30 unskilled .
• Prepared comprehensive bills of quantities for the two storied faculty of science building complex for Kumi University. It was approved by the University, Ministry of Education Technocrats and the University Donor community.
• Handled the feasibility study, preliminary design, concept design, detailed architectural design, Bills of Quantities for Bukedea Town Council Administration Block, Joy Christian P/S four Classroom Block, Nyero Rock High School Administration and Main Hall, Church of Uganda Kumi Diocese Main Hall, Maraka Secondary School Classroom blocks ,staff quarters and dormitories; Kumi Technical Girls dormitories and classroom block, Ongino Hospital children’s ward, etc..
• Handled the feasibility study, preliminary design, concept design, detailed design for both Architectural and Structural drawings, Bills of Quantities preparation ,Bar bending schedules formulation for Church of Uganda Cathedral , Four storied Hotel for Mr. Mwanga Siraji Mutai , Bishop Ilukor Girls S.S One Storied Dormitory, and so on.
January2002-December 2002: LABOUR BASED ROAD SUPERVISOR.
ROADNET (U) LTD
Handled the setting out of horizontal and vertical road cross sections, site clearance, earthworks, road formation works, drainage and structures works, gravelling and completion works for Kumi- Ongino Hospital Road.
August 2000–October 2000: TRAINEE.
CARE INTERNATIONAL IN UGANDA. [DFID- CARE Kumi District Health Project (KDHP)].
Carried out the construction of medical staff houses, Health units and V.IP latrines. Obtained hands -on experience on site management, building construction and procurement processes.