Thien Hai Nguyen
PhD in Computer Science
I obtained my master and PhD degrees in Computer Science from Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (JAIST) in Japan.
My publications: http://www.jaist.ac.jp/~s1220203/publications.html
Concentration: Natural Language Processing, Text Mining, Machine Learning, Probabilistic Graphical Models, Topic Models, Bayesian Nonparametric Statistics, Deep Learning, Matrix Factorization, Artificial Intelligence.
Proficient or familiar with an array of programming languages, concepts and technologies, including Python, Java, C/C++, R, Matlab, PHP, SQL Server, MySQL.
Library: Stanford CoreNLP, Mallet, scikit-learn, nltk, theano, numpy, scipy.
(1) Thien Hai Nguyen, Kiyoaki Shirai and Julien Velcin. “Sentiment Analysis on Social Media for Stock Movement Prediction”. International Journal of Expert Systems with Applications (ESWA), Vol. 42, No. 24, pp. 9603-9611, 2015. (ISI, 2014 IF: 2.240)
(2) Thien Hai Nguyen and Kiyoaki Shirai. “PhraseRNN: Phrase Recursive Neural Network for Aspect-based Sentiment Analysis”. The Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP), pp. 2509-2514, 2015, September. (CORE Rank: A)
(3) Thien Hai Nguyen and Kiyoaki Shirai. “Topic Modeling based Sentiment Analysis on Social Media for Stock Market Prediction”. The 53rd Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL), pp.1354-1364, 2015, July. (CORE Rank: A*)
(4) Thien Hai Nguyen and Kiyoaki Shirai. “Aspect-Based Sentiment Analysis Using Tree Kernel Based Relation Extraction”. The 16th International Conference on Intelligent Text Processing and Computational Linguistics (CICLing), pp.114-125, 2015, April. (CORE Rank: B)
(5) Thien Hai Nguyen and Kiyoaki Shirai. “Text Classification of Technical Papers Based on Text Segmentation”. The 18th International Conference on Application of Natural Language to Information Systems (NLDB), Vol. 7934, pp. 278-284, 2013, June. (CORE Rank: C)
(6) Thien Hai Nguyen and Kiyoaki Shirai. “Text Classification of Technical Papers Focusing on Title and Important Segments”. SIGNL-special interest group of natural language processing, Vol. 2013-SIGNL-211, No.15, pp.1-8, 2013, May.
(7) Thien Hai Nguyen and Kiyoaki Shirai, “Text Classification of Technical Papers Using Text Segmentation”. The 8th International Conference on Natural Language Processing (JapTAL), Poster Volumn, 2012, October.