Graphic Designer / Creative Director
Last active: 12 days ago
I am a South African male who spent 13 years living, studying and working as a graphic designer, creative director and brand developer, in the USA (Santa Barbara, Los Angeles, New York City, San Diego). I currently live in Port Elizabeth, South Africa.
My experience working in the USA has provided me with the skills, experience, and knowledge to compete successfully in any creative scenario.
I am considered well-read, well-educated and well-informed. I am a stickler for detail, in both visual design and copywriting (I have an eye for spelling, grammar, concord and syntax, as well as an aptitude for creative writing).
I have more than 20 years experience in the creative industries, ranging from clothing design to web design. However, my focus and love is print design.
My past clients have included:
• Warner Brothers Premier Events (California, USA)
• Warner Brothers Interactive (California, USA)
• Fox Television International Marketing Division (California, USA)
• Paramount Vantage (California, USA)
• APLA (Aids Project Los Angeles) (California, USA)
• The Office of the State President of Republic of South Africa (RSA)
My skills are creative direction, concept development, graphic design, brand development, marketing, copywriting, copy editing and PR.
I am proficient in the following design packages:
• Adobe InDesign (Advanced)
• Adobe Photoshop (Advanced)
• Adobe Illustrator (Advanced)
• Adobe Dreamweaver (Intermediate)
• Adobe Premiere (Basic)
• Adobe AfterEffects (Basic)
• Adobe Flash (Basic)
• MS Word (Advanced)
• MS Powerpoint (Advanced)
• MS Excel (Basic)
I am proficient in both Mac and PC platforms.