Violet Scribe - Writer, Graphic Artist and Designer
Last active: 8 days ago
Efficient, professional, friendly service is the core of my freelancing business; exceptional graphic design and distinctive written content both come as standard. I treat my clients with care because I value them; I operate my business in a morally and ethically sound way because I believe that by doing so, I can make a positive difference in the lives of others.
My regular clients include Maîtres du Temps, Pinehearst Digital, and Flatpack Interactive as well as a variety of corporate customers. I also work with several publications, including the Atlanta-based Date Night Magazine. A number of graphics projects are featured in my portfolio here on oDesk: please visit my site ( www.VioletScribe.com ) to view additional samples.
My freelancing workload is divided almost equally between graphics and writing projects: I appreciate the balance. I also enjoy thematic diversity and regularly write articles about a variety of subjects, which include the following:
• Industry: Small business management, legal matters, accounting, manufacturing, international commerce, the domestic economy, the global economy
• Psychology and Psychiatry: General mental illness, talk therapy, drug therapy, DSM-IV diagnostic criteria, specific conditions (e.g. bipolar disorders (I and II), depression, schizophrenia, anxiety disorders), drug trials, experimental analyses, substance abuse
• Biology: Animal habitats, animal behavior, climate change, fish husbandry, reptiles and amphibians, evolution and species development
• General Science: Experimental data analysis, human subject studies, disease research, vaccine development
• Graphics and Art: Graphic design, Adobe tutorials (Illustrator and Photoshop in particular), fine art, art history, world art
• Technology: Technological development, innovation, laser devices, robotics, artificial intelligence
• Retail: Product development, product descriptions, category descriptions, buyer's guides
Other topics have included natural medicine, architecture, furniture design, interior design, mechanical components, and real estate.
Like most other creative individuals, I am naturally curious and relish the opportunity to conduct research. If I can, I take raw data from original, unbiased studies and form opinions based on my own interpretation, rather than drawing from secondary sources. When these are not available, I back up my research by examining topics from almost all conceivable angles.
For written projects, I use Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel and Access on a regular basis. I am also very familiar with Google Drive and frequently use the service to manage projects effectively and to deliver text-based content to clients.
I have an Adobe Creative Cloud subscription: consequently, the graphics I produce are made with Adobe CS6 programs, which are regularly updated to reflect the company's latest changes. Currently, I run Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash, Acrobat Pro, Muse, Edge Reflow, and Edge Animate.
Available graphics services include the following:
• Vector Logos: Created in Adobe Illustrator; can be scaled to any size without quality loss
• Web design: From Web 2.0 to boutique-style site concepts—and everything in between
• Retouching and Postproduction: Digital image manipulation and refinement, photographic print restoration, object removal or reshaping, color/exposure/detail adjustment—and more
• Print design: Business cards, letterheads, brochures, magazines, trade show graphics, posters—and more
I have collaborated with printers in Europe, Asia, Australia, and America: printers' mark/bleed specifications and paper sizes often vary by region and by publisher. Happily, I can easily accommodate all of these variables as I work on your design.
In 2009, I provided the voice of the narrator for The Learning Station's "The Book about Tony Chestnut." The book and its accompanying soundtrack CD received six awards in 2010: the Tillywig Top Fun Award, the Dr. Toy Best Vacation Products award, the iParenting Media Award, the Mom's Choice Gold Award and the Creative Child 2010 Media of the Year Award. It won first place in the Reader Views Literary Award Winners "Children — Toddler to 5" section. More information about The Book About Tony Chestnut can be found at www.TonyChestnut.com.