Charles E Pratt III
Professional Draftsman / Revit Specialist
Last active: 10/11/2013
There are very few people who have the varied exposure of work experience that I possess. This experience set enables me to adapt and integrate into almost any work environment or situation. My trademarks are: Diligence, Dedication, Hard work, and Commitment. I always put my best foot forward, and this has afforded me rapid promotion in past jobs. I am a team player and love to help and fill in where I am needed most. I have strong interpersonal skills and personal relations prowess. I am by nature a skilled problem solver, even in areas where I have had little to no exposure. I have a strong love for business and its inner workings, and I believe when I am given the chance I can help any business grow and become more efficient. My tenacity to get results affords me a place to “get things done” where few have succeeded or overcame in front of me.
- Certified Revit Professional Registered with Autodesk ( http://tinyurl.com/ChukPrattRevitCertified )
- Autodesk Revit(BIM Modeling Software) 8(2005) thru 2013 -- Architectural drawing, And Building Information Modeling using the software. 8 years experience with Revit.
- AutoCAD release 10 (1980’s) thru 2013 -- Architectural drawing, Mechanical drawing, plus Softdesk civil/survey applications, Civil drafting, 22 years experience with AutoCAD & setting up & maintaining plotters and wide format printers
- Computers -- Hard drive optimization, file managing, and disk cleanup (Windows 3.1-Win 7 and DOS 5.0-7.0), Software installation, Hardware installation and configuration, Skilled at Troubleshooting.
- Relevant course work technical -- Mechanical drawing, Piping details, Rendering, Interior design, Construction Methods and Materials, Architectural Drawing, Architectural Lighting, AutoCAD
Architectural Assistant, John Fülöp Associates. ( http://fulopassociates.com ) , West Stockbridge, MA, 2004-Present
- Architectural Design and Drafting (using Revit 8(2005) – 2013) (BIM Building Information and Modeling) and AutoCAD 2004 - 2013)
- Computer and Technology Services
-Managed computer systems; set up and managed LAN; set up and organized new equipment and computers; Specified and installed new system software and synchronized them into the existing environment.; Manage the
domain hosting and email services.
- Liaison between our company and our software provider; upgrading, fixing, and maintaining a healthy, working, and productive computer environment.
- Trained interns on the software etc.
Systems Administrator Extraordinaire, Williams Stone Co. Inc. ( http://williamsstone.com ), East Otis, MA 2001 - 2003
-Design Department Manager, Created/Invented a “Cad-Curb system” using Autodesk Architectural Desktop 3.3.
- Estimate granite curb jobs for commercial and industrial applications. - Maintain Microsoft Windows 2000 Small Business Server Network Environment for entire company
- Administrated $25,000.00 computer upgrade
- Designed Entire new office layout for the company, from foundation to finish roof materials. Collaborated with Structural engineers, contractor, and the owner. It was built to spec.
- Drew up whole company, and an Entire New Saw Plant building, Also Helped plan out shipping and staging areas in the yard.
- Promoted, Implemented, Tested, and Managed $200,000.00 worth of System Software upgrades, and technology. Trained and Troubleshot the entire system for our company
- In-house tech support and troubleshooting for the entire company.
- Did Involved Network design and LAN wiring, maintenance, and custom patch cable creation
Architectural Draftsman/Designer, Bradley Architects Inc.( http://www.bradleyarchitectsinc.com ), Pittsfield, MA, 1996 – 2000
- Update and detail construction drawings using AutoCAD 14 and earlier
- Site measurement and field verification of existing buildings to be drafted into
- Organized computer system, and computer filing system
- Install and configure new software for computers
Civil Engineering Intern, City of Pittsfield, MA (http://www.cityofpittsfield.org ), Winter/Summer of 1995 and Summer of 1996
- Drawing editor, AutoCAD 12R and 13, Aided in Revising, editing, and digitizing City map (for use by City, Dept. of Public Works and Utilities, Environmental Dept.), Street projects
- Track and record data from on site projects
- Measure and survey various job sites to prep. for construction
Roger William’s University:
University of Massachusetts Amherst:
B.F.A. in Architecture Studies, 9/1993-6/1996
Taconic(Pittsfield) Technical School:
Design Engineering concentration (Obtained Certificate)