Faisal Ahmad Khan
Executive VoIP/Network Engineer
Last active: 5 months ago
Working as Sr. VoIP Developer / Engineer in a Software House:
- Administration, Configuration, Implementation and Managing VoIP Servers(Asterisk, OpenSIPs, FreePBX, FreeRADIUS)
- Configure OpenSIPs, F5, HAProxy for load balancing and high availability of Media Servers.
- Perform Troubleshooting Tasks on Amazon EC2 and NAT related issues like (one way muting, two way muting etc).
- Deployment of SMS Gateways (KANNEL) and SMS Campaigns Handling.
- Configuring and Troubleshooting Billing Servers and AAA servers (FreeRADIUS)
- Smooth Development of IVRs & RBT using Asterisks AGI in PERL with MySQL and Redis Databases.
-Job at Wateen Telecom as an Executive VoIP Engineer:-
Working in Wateen Telecom Pakistan as an Executive Engineer CORE network operations and responsible for smooth running of VOICE Networks.
-2 years of Working on the LIVE CLASS-4 & IPCC network of Wateen LDI having Millions minutes of traffic volume.
-Providing back office support for LIVE C4 & IPCC Network supported by VOIP (Voice over IP) and TDM networks.
Job Responsibilities as an IPCC Engineer
1. Providing O&M to UCCE/UC based Contact Centre of one of the Pakistan’s leading GSM companies, Warid Telecom.
2. Troubleshooting day to day problems in voice networks and resolve them.
3. Responsible for proactive and reactive maintenance
4. Interacting and resolving critical network issues in collaboration with Cisco TAC and handling escalated issues at customer sites.
5. Network Monitoring with Cisco’s RTMT and Solar Winds.
6. Configuration of Route group, Route List, Route Pattern, Hunt List, Hunt Pilot, Hunt Group, Calling/Called Party Transformations, different calling privilege levels, Block list as per customer requirement
7. Configuration of Voice Interfaces like ISDN PRI/ SS7 E1
8. Configuration and deployment of Cisco IP Phones Series: 794x, 796x, 797x, 9971
9. Performing resiliency exercises as per schedule in lean business hours
10. Hands on experience in live network on Voice Gateways with SIP, MGCP and H.323 configurations, Gatekeepers, SIP Proxy Server, Cisco Catalyst switches, ICM 8.x, Cisco Unified Communications Manager 7.x and 8.x, SLT & SS7 PGW, Cisco CVP 8.x, CTIOS 8.x, PGs.
11. Good basic understanding of switching – VLAN, Voice VLAN, VTP, STP, PoE, Ether channel, HSRP, Routing Protocols
Job Responsibilities as a Class 4 Engineer
-Working on the LIVE Class-4 network of Wateen Long Distance International system (LDI).
-Providing technical support to VOICE NOC for VOIP (Voice over IP) and TDM networks.
-Performing operation and maintenance tasks on the International Gateways to maintain a set of quality of service (QOS) for international routes.
-Routing international traffic based on commercial requests and technical needs.
-Hands on experience specially on routing & translations on different soft switches like SONUS,NEXTONE & ODINE.
Media Gateway, Signaling Gateway, Policy Server (PSX), EMS.
-PSTN trunk groups, IP trunk groups, E1s, CICs & channels, Static calls, SS7 signalling Links, Routes, Labels, Numbering plans, IP Interconnects etc.
- Implementing VoIP & TDM Interconnections to National and International carriers and destinations.
- Perform troubleshooting for problems showing irregular network KPI’s and enhance the network performance and efficiency.
-Implementing the emergency services and helplines like 911, 15, 1217 etc on soft switch end.
- Manual testing on national/International routes on the request of routing & commercial teams to verify QoS.
-Complete analysis of ACD/ASR Reports and Call Data Records (CDRs) & their attributes.