Linux System Administrator
Last active: 04/02/2014
Can offer a diverse and eclectic background in system administration, installation, configuration, and maintenance of Linux servers including web servers, mail servers, application servers and database servers (MySQL). Also responsible for optimizing system performance and protecting the company from risk and data loss. Performing software installations and upgrades to Linux systems and maintaining them in accordance with established policies, procedures and service level agreements.
• Deployment and maintenance of Linux systems and app software in multiple clusters
• Keep 24*7 mission for all Servers up and running.
• Administration of dedicated Linux servers, and webhosting platforms.
• Implementing Security at user, service (port) level and network levels.
• Implementing firewall with iptables to protect the server from all kinds of attacks
Like Dos attack, hacking attempts etc.
• Installing & managing Web appliances such as Cpanel, Webmin, Wordpress….etc.
• Performed DB Administration in Mysql.
• Implementing LAMP on all types of Linux Servers.
• Installing and configuring Postfix and squirrel mail for E-mail users. Applying
Spam and anti-virus filter using clam AV and spamassasin.
• Installing and configuring Apache web Server and Nginx
• Administrating Network to configure DNS, DHCP, NFS, FTP etc
• Managing Partitions, Hard Disk with LVM and RAIDs.
• Installing, Configuring and Troubleshooting Access to Resources.
• Configuring and Troubleshooting Hardware driver and Devices.
• Managing Monitoring and Optimizing System Performance, Reliability and Availability.
• Managing, Configuring and Troubleshooting Storage Usage.
• Configuring and troubleshooting CentOS Network Environment.
• Implementing, Monitoring and Troubleshooting Security.
• Managing day to day computer support and networking problems.
• Installing and configuring RAID Levels.
• Managing and administering network on CentOS/Redhat based Server platform with Windows
XP and Windows 7 OS.
• Installing LAN, operating systems like Windows 7/XP.
• Creating users and groups, Organizational units with different access policies.
• Administering, configuring and troubleshooting Bind DNS in a Linux network
• Implementing, managing and maintaining IP Addressing
• Implementing server security
• Installing and configuring Outlook Express and Thunderbird
• Administration of managed services, dedicated Linux servers, and webhosting platforms
• Extensive critical support and programming for managed Linux server customers
• Day-to-day SA work on existing corporate infrastructure
• BIND, djbdns, and IPControl administration
• Network Administration and Monitoring.
• Installation and configuration of LAMP Server
• Mysql Administration
• Network security monitoring and it’s support