Ph.D. Data Analyst/Statistician - Evaluator - Writer
I am seeking consulting work that builds on over 20 years of experience in research, evaluation, statistics, and project management. I have advanced evaluation and statistical analytic skills and am fluent in Stata and SPSS. I know SAS as well but prefer not to use it because of their licensing structure and more limited access. I also use Mplus for latent variable modeling and am just beginning to learn R but I am not yet fluent in this statistical language.
My writing and oral skills are excellent and I am comfortable both developing as well as conducting trainings, workshops, and presentations. I can also help with editing and writing technical or non-technical documents. I will be happy to review sections in dissertations and theses, but I will not write these or other student papers because I believe this violates academic integrity.
Things I can help you do:
1) Translate data in Excel or ASCII format into a data set for analysis.
2) Run basic screening and descriptive statistics such as frequencies, measures of central tendency and dispersion, and distributional statistics to assess skew and kurtosis.
3) Run bivariate analyses such as t-tests, correlations, and chi-square tests as well as non-parametric procedures like Kruskal-Wallis.
4) Check missing values and conduct imputation-based analyses for missing data as needed.
5) Run more advanced analytical models including: factorial ANOVA, regression (OLS, binary, ordinal, and multinomial logistic as well as Poisson and negative binomial), GEE for repeated measures data, HLM, factor analysis, latent class analysis, and growth mixture models.
6) Review and advise on statistical analyses already run including interpretation of the findings.
7) Review, advise, and edit write-ups of statistical results and methods sections.
8) Prospective advise on study design, including sampling, measures, and data collection protocols.
9) Help write proposals. I am available to be a project evaluator and would be happy to help you write the evaluation section of your proposal as well as conduct the evaluation if funded.
If you are unsure whether I can help with your project, please do not hesitate to send me a message. I reply promptly and will give you an honest answer. I never take on work that I don't feel I can complete successfully and within your time frame.