M. Rajesh Aravindakshan
Expert in Technical Documentation
Last active: 6 days ago
I am an IT professional with 16 years experience in the capacities of software developer and technical writer. I have worked as an individual contributor, scrum master for different projects and mentor for team members. Graduating in BE Computer with honors, from Mumbai University, I spent the beginning of my career doing software development in the Mainframes environment, COBOL and Visual Basic. Gradually I focused on the technical documentation needs in these projects.
My 12+ years experience in Technical Writing includes Requirement Analysis, QA procedures and Team Management. I am fortunate to work on prestigious projects of West Asian Games – 2005, 15th. Asian Games in Doha – 2006, and the Building Automation software projects of Siemens (for 8 years).
Highlights of my expertise in 16 years of IT experience are as follows:
• Experience in working multicultural teams
• Handled varied types of documentation such as user guide, online help, release notes, case studies, and quick reference guides in the domains – Building Automation (HVAC system), Event Management System, Web Applications, and Mobile Applications
• Capable of understanding complex concepts and explaining them in simple terms in my documentation
• Penchant for learning new technologies and exploring new domains
• Capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously and efficiently
• Capable of meeting tight deadlines
• Sense of ownership to the assigned tasks
• Managing and mentoring documentation team efficiently
• Exposure to Agile Scrum Methodology for the last 8+years. Handling Scrum Master activities
What can I bring on to your business table?
My expertise is in providing proven strategies and techniques for producing high quality, extremely usable documentation while cutting your documentation costs.
I am skilled in information design with proficiency in an array of tools and technologies to design specific deliverables that help users access the required information quickly and easily.
I offer consultancy services such as:
• Setting up a documentation team for your organization
• Laying down well defined documentation processes
• Designing and implementing modular documentation for your organization
• Defining processes to improve quality of your organization
• Mentoring your documentation team
• Collaborating with customer in the development of publication
• Act as an agile coach for your team
• Product documentation for end users [user guides, online help, training manuals], operators, and administrators [installation and administrator manual], technical manuals [troubleshooting guides], and developer documentation [SRS, FRS]
• Marketing documentation [white papers, case studies]