WordPress Brainiac and Internet Visionary
Last active: 1 day ago
Hey, I’m Nick Forest. Actually this is the English translation of my Romanian name which is Nicusor Dumbrava. You can call me Nick or Nio.
I have a Computer Science degree with more than 15 years experience in Computing, 10 years in System & Network Administration, 6 in building websites with WordPress, BuddyPress and bbPress, 3 years in Social Media.
Perks of using my services:
- Building websites from scratch
- Secure WordPress websites
- Running and maintaining websites
- WordPress installation as required by Codex
- SEO friendly websites
- Responsive web design, sites optimized for smart devices.
I cover various areas as follows:
- Personal blog
- Professional blog
- Freelancer website
- Business site
- eCommerce, webshop
- Presentation/Brochure website
- Non-Profit website
- Comunity website, BuddyPress and bbPress setups.
I use a hosting reseller account so I'm experienced with various webmaster tools. My cPanel services includes:
- Create email accounts, forwarders, autoresponders
- Create FTP user accounts
- Full cPanel Backups
- Create MySQL databases and users, db manipulations with phpMyAdmin
- Password protect directories
- Adding, changing, redirect and parking domains.
My WordPress setup package includes:
- Creating WordPress MySQL databases/users
- WordPress Single and MultiSite installation
- WordPress Themes Installation
- Import the theme demo content
- Customizing Homepage, header and footer
- Changing theme layout and colors to suit your Brand
- Create Contact or Custom Forms
- Installing and adding Sliders
- Adding your custom Logo
- Configuring Sidebars and Widgets with specific visibility (per page)
- Configuring Permalinks
- Must Have (or provided list of) Plugins for essential functionality: Formidable Pro, CodeStyling Localization, Regenerate Thumbnails, Widget Logic/Context, Relevanssi, Subscribe To Comments Reloaded and more.
Maintenance and Deployment services:
- WordPress platform, themes and plugin updates
- WordPress full Backups (Database and files)
- WordPress database cleanup and optimization
- Move WordPress site from one server/domain to another
- Move from WordPress.com to Self-Hosted WordPress.org
- Check and fix broken links.
Security and Hardening WordPress:
- Disable Directory Browsing
- Disabling the WordPress File Editor
- Protect .htaccess file
- Protect wp-config.php configuration file
- Protect /wp-content/ folder
- Block include-only files
- Restrict access to the wp-admin area by IP/Host
- Ban specific IPs
- Disable Hotlinking
- Security Plugins used as needed: Ultimate Security Checker, WordPress Simple Firewall, Sucuri Security, Limit Login Attempts, Login LockDown, Lockdown WP Admin, iThemes Security/Better WP Security, WordPress File Monitor Plus, Restricted Site Access, More Privacy Options, Wordfence Security, BulletProof Security, Acunetix WP Security.
- Setup Google Analytics and Webmaster Tool
- Improve Crawler accessibility with robots.txt, meta robots and permanent redirects
- Create and submit XML sitemaps to inform the search engines about URLs that are available for crawling
- On-page optimization and targeting keywords: use short descriptive page titles, relevant H1-H6 headlines tags, avoiding overuse of keywords in content/body text
- keep uniquely valuable content, proper page/post slugs and anchor text for internal and external URLs, image title, filename, captions/surrounding text and alt attribute, meta description for making the pages more visible and appealing in search engines
- Assign pages for potential keyword targets
- Internal linking: build information hierarchy, easy navigation for users and link juice to empower the rankings of landing pages
- URL structure: categories, tags and custom taxonomies are reflected in Permalinks/URLs
- Ensure site is loading properly in different web browsers and screen resolutions
- Call to actions located in prominent positions
- Links to important pages from the main navigation areas, sidebars and homepage
- Improving typographic readability and legibility
- Claiming authorship, connecting the author to content
- Fixing duplicate content issues (canonical links)
- Creating effective user-friendly 404 error page that keeps visitors on site
- Decreasing page load time to increase conversions
- Adding social media sharing buttons.
I can help you step into WP so that you can use it to its true value.