Python, PHP, C++ & Java full stack software architect & developer
I am a full time freelance certified software developer and have been developing software commercially since 1998, and a hobby programmer since my childhood. In 2001 I founded Software 13, offering bespoke web and application development service, and have been doing so on a full time basis since April 2008. Before launching Software 13 full time, I was also employed as a software developer by both DHL and Capscan.
I am widely experienced in several areas of software development having undertaken a large range of jobs for clients over the years from traditional desktop applications to modern cloud and mobile based technologies. My speciality areas include:
- Full stack web development with Python / Django, HTML5, CSS, JQuery.
- Web development and administration with PHP (inc Yii & Symfony).
- Mobile application development, primarily on Android & iOS utilising native (inc Android NDK), PhoneGap and Appcelerator Titanium.
- Cross platform desktop application development including Windows, Mac, Linux and Android using C++ and Java.
- Unity 3D / C# game development.
Other key skills include the following:
- Amazon Web Services
- LAMP (my preferred deployment architecture)
- SQL, Database design deployment and scaling (including MySQL, PostgreSQL, and NoSQL solutions such as Apache Cassandra)
- Multimedia Processing & Delivery (inc working with Flash Media Server, Wowza and WMS, as well as developing custom media processing and playback solutions in C++, Flash & Silverlight)
I am a strong supporter of open source technologies and use Linux as my primary development and management platform. However in addition to Linux, I also have significant development experience on Windows and many Windows specific toolchains such as Visual Studio.
I am happy to consider projects of all shapes and sizes, and pride myself on offering a fast, friendly and reliable service, and am always happy to push the extra mile for you. Programming has been my passion from an early age and I take great pride in the work I provide, always aiming to perceive the long term goals of any project and avoiding shortcuts in order to build the best product possible.
Up to date examples of my recent work are available upon request.