Last active: 10 days ago
• Total 8+ years of experience in software development, maintenance and testing
• Apache2/Nginx, tomcat7, REST API, JSON, JAVA, Java driver for cassandra, Cassandra cluster.
Frameworks Jquery, Node.js
OS Unix, Windows
Methodology OOPS, Structured Programming
Database Cassandra , Neo4j, mysql
Miscellaneous RAID, Cygwin, ClearCase, RMI, CVS, Neo4J, SVN, Amazon cloud
Familiar with J2EE, Spring, Classification algorithm - k-nearest neighbor, decision-tree learning, Nutch, Joomla, FIX Protocol, TCP/IP, IPMI, SMBIOS
• Ability to handle a team of developers and co-ordinate timely smooth quality delivery.
• Training the new members in the team and getting them productive quickly.
• Ability to adapt to unfamiliar environments and become productive immediately
• Willingness to learn new skills and undertake responsibility for efforts made
• Problem solving capability peered with strong communication skills.
• Contribute to long term vision of product
Degree University GPA
Master of Science in Computer Science Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, NJ, USA (May 2002) 3.8 on 4
Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science MS University, Baroda, India (Jun 2000) 3.8 on 4
RECOGNITIONS and ACHIEVEMENTS:
1. Intel - Received Spontaneous Recognition award twice for demonstrating Result orientation, Quality and High level of commitment to ensure timely deliverables.
2. Intel - Received Division Recognition award for delivering excellent results
3. Secondary Board Examination – secured 100/100 in Mathematics
4. Won Fourth Position in State-level Judo competition
Organization Duration Key Deliverables
Edcite Pvt Ltd(India)
as Lead Software Engineer
Edcite: A start-up working on innovative solutions for online learning and assessment July 2012 till present o Design, development of Upload Server (Storing media files to Amazon S3)
o Enhancements to java backend engine
o Automated testsuite for the product
o NoSQL Database integration
o Scaled architecture using Solr
o Led a team of 3 developers
Exploring Enterprise Opportunities in Education Domain Jan 2012 till July 2012 o Created a Collaborative learning system on tablets using joomla and moodle
Working with Viloma LLC as Independent Consultant April 2010 till Dec 2011 o Created a virtual personal assistant powered by information graphs created using web crawling.
o Key tools used were GWT, Nutch, Apache Tika, Berkeley DB and Neo4J graph databases
as Software Engineer Sept 2003 – Jan 2008 o RAID Configuration in Intel deployment assistant
o Memory installer and RAS Provider for Intel Server Management module
o Extensively worked with Intel Servers, Linux(drivers and kernel), C++ and Shell Scripts
as Software Engineer May 2002 to Jun 2003 o Worked on multiple modules of an enterprise access provisioning system product