Experienced software developer / server administrator and DevOps
Last active: 1 day ago
I have over ten years of experience of software development, programming as well as network and server administration. Have primarily worked with small and medium-sized organisations and know both their needs and limitations well.
Currently finalising a Master of Science Degree in Computer Science.
Knowledge and experience:
- Setup and configuration of Wordpress, cPanel and other web applications
- Configuration of all standard services in LAMP/LEMP stacks (Apache2, Nginx, MySQL, PostgresSQL, PHP)
- Linux and BSD server setup, administration and security management.
- Docker, Ansible, Vagrant, Puppet, Chef and other configuration management and server deployment tools
- Configuration and setup of VPSes, dedicated servers and other architectures on Digital Ocean, AWS, Rackspace, Linode and other providers
- Firewalls, SSL, PGP and other security tools
- Programming and scripting languages (C/C++, Java, Python, PHP, Perl).
- Salesforce administration and development (APEX, VisualForce)
- Experienced in database setup and administration including replicated, multi-server setups.
- Basic Asterisk administration and dialplan development