I.T. Manager / Information Systems Specialist
United States Virgin Islands
Last active: 03/05/2013
University of the V.I. - GPA: 3.02 (Graduated: December, 2013) St. Croix, USVI
Computer Information Systems (Concentration), Business Administration (B.A)
NCCER Certification Training (Supervisory Training) St. Croix, USVI
Safety Core Curriculum, Level I, Level II, Level III and Level IV Pipefitter Certified
Pentium Technical School St. Croix, USVI
Computer Networking Systems Certified
• Responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting clients' computer networking systems of over 190 computers and over 15 servers.
• Utilizing software programs such as LabTech and Autotask, which allowed technicians to remotely log into computers on various networks to resolve issues with network connections, TCP/IP, DNS Server, FTP, Authentication Issues, etc.
• Currently working with various Health Care software programs such as Nextgen, Sage and Advanced MD.
• Managed system's firewall, setup and configuration to prevent unwanted access to internal network.
• Created and managed VPN tunnels and Remote desktop connections to allow users to access internal network from external sources.
• Configured port forwarding and assigned static routes and needed in order to achieve efficient productivity.
• Order parts for damaged and hardware components that needed to be changed. Use CAT5 and CAT 6 cables and terminated on RJ-45 cables to run for LAN and WAN networks.
• Set up, troubleshoot and configured Polycom and Elastix VOIP systems.
• Troubleshooting network problems and conflicts. Suggest improvements in speed of the operations and processes to make the system foolproof.
• Configuring and Managing AD, Exchange, DHCP, WSUS, WDS, Anti-virus, backup servers in the corporate network.
• Installing and maintaining various standard software programs as per user requirements.
• Installing, maintaining and training employees to utilize time clock services
• Train new employees and upgrade the skills and knowledge of present staff.
• Design training programs for new employees or skill enhancement plans for the current employees.
• Create ways to ensure that employees are performing within the competency level required by the institution.
• Setup and maintain IP Security Camera Systems and DVR systems.
• Provide help-desk services to accommodate the needs of the clients by implementing a ticketing system and user portal to address various issues that may occur.
• Arrange for the procurement of supplies needed in the office.
• Entertain customer inquiries, suggestions and other grievances.
• Coordinate with other offices or related units to perform functions that are not within the scope of the main office.
• Conduct assessment on staff performance and other office-related aspects to see the potential and current problems.
• Maintain financial reports that accurately reflect the financial situation of the office.
• Participate in budget planning and other resource allocation for the institution.
Proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Server Systems, VOIP, Graphic Design (CAD), Computer Networking, Cisco Systems, VMWare, Elastix PBX, IP Security Camera Systems Quickbooks.