Software Developer, AI & NLP Specialist
Last active: 2 months ago
I am a software developer specialized in solving tough algorithmic problems via the methods of artificial intelligence and natural language processing, having Masters degree in the fields. My experience covers the work on projects concerning speech recognition, machine translation, textual information extraction or opinion mining.
I use languages C++ and Java on daily basis. For specialized applications I made use of other more convenient languages such as Prolog, R or Octave and I am always ready to pick up a new technology.
Some of the projects I have worked on are:
- CMU Sphinx speech recognition software -- Hidden Markov Model training optimization by parallelization on CUDA hardware
- spellchecking and diacritics suggestion
- machine translation system design
- text processing ("big-data") -- charset and language detection, boilerplate removal, linguistic processing, full-text search
- I have spent a semester as a teaching and research assistant at Saarland University in Germany with the focus of research being the emerging field of artificial intelligence -- automatic planning. The output of the stay was a published article and my diploma thesis.
From time to time it is needed to come up with a unique solution from scratch. However, commonly the task can be solved with the plentiful free software today available. My expertise includes the knowledge of the tools such as Moses machine translation system, CMU Sphinx speech recognition system, Lucene full-text search engine, boilerplate removal tools and others. To you as a customer this means substantial cost-savings.
The algorithmic backend I deliver can be accessed via a client-server interface, either as a library, command-line tool or a server application. I can deliver a simple frontend in the required technology when needed.