Senior Web Developer
With over a decade of professional web development experience, I can bring a variety of skills, quality code, technology consulting and fast turnaround times to your project.
My primary field of expertise is web development. I have participated in building numerous web sites and web applications both - from scratch and refactoring existing code - from small to large-scale projects.
Typical steps I take in fulfilling a project:
1. Requirements analysis, discussion with clients, UML/use case diagrams, documentation preparation. Technology consulting to choose the most appropriate framework/solution for the project.
2. Database design, data modeling, ERD/sql schema creation.
3. Rapid prototyping or building core functionalities. Several turnarounds with client to ensure proper development direction.
4. Building all project parts using different project management models depending on the client - I have used scrum, milestones, pivotal tracker and other more simple methods.
5. Client testing and bug fixing. Normally, clients have 3 to 6 months of free bug fixing support after project is delivered.
Being freelancer means being versatile. I also work in a team with other freelancers offering web design and programming as a team for larger projects. Please contact me for specific quotes on your project. What we value most is communication, delivery on time and code quality.
Please check my portfolio for some of the web applications I have built or participated in building in the last several years. Each example includes details on the technology solutions taken and relevant experience needed to fulfill the project.
Technologies I am proficient in (this is the more technical stuff):
1. PHP. I have been using it from 2002 from the time PHP4 was the standard. Extensive experience in OOP and functional programming, building own frameworks, configuration challenges in apache or nginx environments. Also used Symfony2, Laravel, CodeIgniter, CakePHP, Akelos frameworks and built plugins for Wordpress, Joomla, Typo3, Magento and Oscommerce.
2. Mysql/Postgresql - extensive experience with sql language, database schemas, translating project requirements to database design, optimizing sql queries, configuration and setup of mysql on linux servers.
3. XHTML/CSS - being the front-end of the web, every web project involves creation or modification of these - my experience range from adapting existing xhtml/css templates into a framework to complete page slicing from an image to working code compatible with modern browsers. Also worked in day-to-day life with HAML, LESS, SASS, CSS frameworks like compass, twitter bootstrap.
5. SOAP, web services, XML - I have used web services via SOAP, REST or HTTP/XML on numerous projects (e.g. amazon and sears web services). I have created web services via SOAP and REST to be accessible for other developers on a few projects. I have made custom implementations of Paypal payments (standard and advanced), authorize.net SIM/AIM, direct connections with bank payment processors (like Elavon) and others. I have designed custom web services using JSON and REST for several Rails and PHP applications.
6. Linux - administration and configuration of web server machine - amazon EC2/rackspace cloud services. I have administered several servers in the cloud including installation and configuration from bare-bone CentOS/Ubuntu installation of web server (apache/nginx), php, mysql, ruby on rails, mail server, cron, bash shell scripts, logging, security and firewall.
7. Ruby on rails - from v.2.1 up to 4.2 - I have used it in numerous web applications and deployed it in different environments from Heroku to custom cloud servers. I am proficient with Ruby language, rails principles like convention over configuration and DRY, MVC, REST, migrations, automatic tests, code coverage, gems ecosystem.
8. Version control systems - I have used CVS, Subversion and GIT. I have created and administered a lot of subversion repositories.
9. Android Java development - I have built two Java based android applications and am familiar with android API and application development.