Senior Software Developer
Software developer with leadership and relationship capabilities. Ability to learn new technologies and work with teams.
For more information, visit: https://www.linkedin.com/in/tiagocorreademelo
Professional Experience (most relevant)
New Subscriber's Portal - architecture design covering specifications of SOAP/REST webservices, systems integrations with SAP/R3 and SalesForce through TIBCO/BW service bus and proofs of concept using Java SE/EE platform.
New Ad Platform - design and implementation of the ad's photo upload system. For each photo it is necessary to generate three different formats and store them in Amazon's S3 buckets. With both scalability and performance in mind, I've wrote it using Perl 5.14, AnyEvent::Worker, AnyEvent::Log, Amazon::SQS::Simple, IO::CaptureOutput, S3CMD (s3cmd.org), Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, Amazon SQS, ImageMagick, GraphicsMagick. Log rotation configuration (rsyslog), automatization of load test scripts and daemons creation. I've used the "Amazon Linux" AMI image to create and configure the servers.
New subscription platform - a very critical project (the company's main income source). The principal goal was to increase the company's revenue by charging the entire user base (almost 4 million) in just one day! The old platform used to do it in four days. We used: Java (JDK 1.7), JUnit, Jersey, Apache Commons Chain, Quartz, JMS, Hibernate, Spring Batch, Spring Integration, ActiveMQ, Apache Tomcat 7, Maven, MS SQL Server, SVN and Ubuntu Server.
Quiz API - a legacy SOAP API to support users interactions with our mobile SMS services. Refactoring of a bunch of code! It uses: Java (JDK 1.6), JAX-WS, EJB 3.0, Hibernate, JBoss, Maven, MS SQL Server and Ubuntu Server.
CSP - Estimating management system. Originally written in Ruby 1.8.6 / Rails 1.2.6, using Oracle database and running on Windows Server, this project provides some interesting challenges:
* Migration to Ruby 1.9.2 / Rails 2.3.8;
* Migration from Windows Server to a Red Hat 4.5 box behind a proxy (using Apache and mod_rails);
* Cross-Browser compatibility;
* Deployment automation using Capistrano;
* SOAP Webservices integration using Savon;
* Spreadsheet synchronization;
* Good practices implementation like configuration management, source control management (git-svn) and test automation (RSpec).
Senior software developer responsible for development and maintenance of media delivery systems using a great range of technologies, following scrum principles.
* New Video Platform - Enabled partners to customize users video experience through skinnable catalogs, using Ruby on Rails, RSpec, Cucumber, Watir, Memcached and MySQL;
* Globeleza Trophy - Poll web application, using Django and Google App Engine;
* Cardeiros API - A RESTful API that exposes user and photo services used by a social application, using LAMP;
* WebMedia API - A RESTful API that exposes media related resources for all Globo.com applications, using Java EE (JDK 5.0), Memcached and Oracle;
* GloboVideos - Video portal that aimed to provide a better video experience to users, using Java EE (JDK 1.4), Memcached and Oracle;
* Collaborative Content Platform - A kit for all web sites of Globo.com that want to offer users the ability to upload media (like videos and photos), offering a moderation system, preview generation, storage and video delivery, using PHP for the API, Perl for the backend processing and Java EE for the moderation system.
* Migration to Flash Media Server 3 - Migration of the video distribution structure in Windows Media plaftorm to Flash Video platform, using Action Script 3.0 (client/server), Adobe
Flash CS3, Adobe Flash Media Server 3 and Adobe Flash Media Encoder.
Software developer responsible for development and maintenance of systems of contract management, provisioning and order entry, using Java EE (JDK 5.0), EJB 3.0, APIA (BPM framework), SOAP webservices and Oracle.
Software developer responsible for development and maintenance of systems, working in offshore projects.
* GM SMARTCASH – Billing and ﬁnancial management system, using Java EE (JDK 1.4), EJB 2.1, Struts, Hibernate and Oracle;
* Verizon IntradaPro – Billing and hiring of services and phone lines, using Java SE (JDK 1.4), Sockets, RMI and Oracle.