Quite Experienced Linux/*NIX Administrator
Last active: 1 month ago
I offer over 25-years of IT experience where positions have demanded:
* Operating system expertise with UNIX, Solaris, Linux (LAMP and other environments) including performance optimization and virtualization(Vmware/Zen).
* Database administration including Oracle, MySQL and BerkleyDB.
* Heavy Netapp and moderate EMC storage administration including fiber, iSCSI and backup solutions.
* Software engineering of scientific/medical applications using C/C++, Bash, PERL, Python, MATLAB, Fortran or Cobol. Lead debugging efforts in most cases.
* Networking protocols including SSH, secure FTP, TCP/IP, NFS/CIFS.
* Supported teams in their efforts to become PCI compliant including PKI solutions.
* Debugging and optimizing middleware solutions and Java-based applications(Tomcat).
Am currently developing a Droid application and forming a start-up offering independent IT support services.
Companies and customers have included:
* Harborview and University of Washington Medical Centers, Seattle, WA
* Xyterra, Inc, Phoenix, AZ
* Arizona State University, Phoenix, AZ
* BlackBaud, Inc., San Diego, WA
* Qualcomm, Inc, San Diego, CA
* Motorola, Inc,
* Intel, Chandler, AZ
I possess a Bachelor of Science in mathematics from the University of Washington, Seattle, WA.