Professional marketer, writer and editor who is dedicated to quality.
Last active: 29 days ago
I love what I do and I believe you are only as successful as the knowledge you share. I have more than 20 years of expertise in marketing professional services, and bring an organized and strategic approach to every job. I led the marketing and proposal efforts of three national firms with responsibilities that included; proposal writing and editing, brand management, marketing strategy, advertising and collateral development, research, direct marketing, photography and general marketing services, as well as managing a team of 6 coordinators responsible for producing over 250 technical proposals in one year.
I am experienced in crafting project pursuit plans designed to capture multiple levels of business development, building improved decision matrices, and conducting client research and competitor analysis and hold a Foundation level APMP certification.
WRITING AND EDITING - Technical and conversational writing skills that captures, thought proof statements, the value a firm provides to the client.
MARKETING PLANS, BROCHURES AND BRAND MANAGEMENT - Design and/or redesign collateral materials including brochures, presentations, stationary & business cards, procedure manuals, websites, and more.
CRM DATABASE MANAGEMENT - Capturing the relationships of projects to clients and employees is essential to building a business. I take your existing information and create the essential links/relationships and then train your employees how and why to use a CRM system. Report design is also available.
PROPOSAL WRITING AND PLANNING- From kick-off through print production I work with your staff to develop schedules, compliance matrices, storyboards and quality review processes to identify gaps and provide guidance on course correction at milestones throughout the proposal process.
- Development of a firm-wide Project Pursuit Plan designed to capture multiple levels of business development activities, improved go/no go decision matrix, client research, competitor analysis.
- Updated proposal response process from Go/No Go through close-out: redefining scheduling, CRM and filing structures, and value-based messaging.
- Implemented internal quality review process reducing errors seen by our "internal" clients by 90%.
- Developed and maintained intricate proposal response process including setup and editing of text library.
- Established and rolled out a new proposal process improving accountability and quality measures.
- Rewriting of all boiler plate text to support value added messaging.
- Oversight of all RFQ/P/Interview team kick-off meetings and pre-interview coaching.
- Increased success of sales pursuits through the development of creative collateral communication and team collaboration.
- Led the development of brand standards and a company-wide strategy resulting in improved brand consistency and awareness.
- PR strategy development involving internal and external clients resulting in a 15-20% increase in media hits.