Brand Strategist, Strategic Planner, Writer and Namer
Last active: 1 month ago
Brand Strategist, Strategic Planner, Writer and Namer with 25 years experience in Fortune 500 Corporate and Small Business marketing. Specialize in creating brands from startup through market entry. Focus on goal setting; marketing research; and marketing strategy, branding strategy, creation and implementation. Created, maintained and ran 2 online businesses. Experienced writer: copywriting for ads, articles, websites, blogs and business letters. Managed email campaigns. Created and delivered training programs via webinar. Certified in Creative Problem Solving. Corporate clients include: Quaker Oats, Kraft, Domaine Ste. Michelle, Helene Curtis, Champion Athleticwear, United Airlines, Mastercard, Gillette, Warner Lambert and Kimberly Clark.
Master's in Advertising from Northwestern University.
Bachelor of Arts Degree in English from the University of Illinois.
HEARTWISE MARKETING, Decatur, IL
Small Business Owner, Marketing and Branding Strategist
• Creating marketing and branding strategy and content for a news website that receives 5 million unique visitors per month.
• Created corporate identity and name for a software development and engineering firm.
• Created social media strategy and tactics to drive 15K shoppers to a startup online store for life coach and international speaker. Tactics can be repeated four times a year for 60K shoppers annually.
• Created marketing and branding strategy, led team through strategy, naming, tagline development for author for Words, Words, Words: Enchanting Your Readers.
• Created marketing, branding and website strategies, promotional booklet and 10 training videos for B2C manufacturer.
• Developed and wrote Goal Setting for Success booklet for website incentive for email signups.
• Helped develop the marketing, branding and website strategy for startup writing coach.
• Created branding for Heartwise Marketing: Capture the Heart of Your Customer
SOCIAL MEDIA FROM SCRATCH, Decatur, IL
Online Marketer and Writer
• Created a 25-video program to train small business owners in the basics of small business marketing and social media strategy.
• Worked with local wine shop to develop marketing strategy, print advertising, radio advertising and promotion, Facebook promotion and in-store programs. Achieved traffic increase for wine tastings within an overall traffic decline. Developed successful loyalty program that 1200 customers have joined to date.
• Created a brochure for a speech pathologist that resulted in increasing her sales by 90%. She had to add staff to manage her caseload.
• Co-created marketing strategy for life coach that increased her client base by 45% in Year 1.
• Created name and tagline for Social Media from Scratch: With the right ingredients to grow your business.
CHATEAU STE. MICHELLE WINERY, Seattle, WA
Brand Manager, Domaine Ste. Michelle
• Rebranded $20M sparkling wine from concept through market entry, achieving 52% sales growth in a flat category. Moved brand from last to #2 position, just behind Korbel.
• Designed and executed research plan defining consumer, and brand positioning. Managed quantitative efforts to test appeal of new package and ad campaign.
• Led teams that created Celebrity Toasts ad campaign that performed 24% above norm, POS materials that increased displays 22%, and award-winning sales literature.
• Created Celebrate in Style Millennium program featuring Christie Brinkley that achieved 112% of sales goal.