Prolific Writer, Excel/Word Expert, Project Manager, and VA
Last active: 07/08/2014
According to my Innermetrix Disc Index results, I have the following unique behavioral strengths:
* I build confidence in others needing a boost.
* I show remarkable consistency in project ability: I lead by demonstrating and mentoring, without inconsistencies or sudden changes.
* I have a high degree of quality-control orientation.
* I am conscientious: I do things the correct way, the first time.
* I am people-oriented in a stable and sincere way.
* I have a keen awareness of the broad-based impact of important decisions.
* I am self-motivated, goal-directed, and able to spread that motivation to others.
* I am able to deal with details (exact standards, data, fine print, and close tolerances) with accuracy and confidence.
For 7 years now, I had been growing in the IT department of a manufacturing corporation. I was the IT Coordinator, which involves:
* designing, planning and implementing the new software
* making sure all affected departments are involved and well-spoken for
* ensuring that the integrity of the old Sybase database is maintained
* providing reports and presentations in MS Excel, Word, Visio, and PowerPoint for logistics, sales, and production to determine margin curves, appropriate lead times, and consumption trends.
Now that we have two kids, we agreed that it would be best for me to spend more time with them and do home-based assignments and projects instead.
I have also worked on several freelance articles for different companies outside of and in oDesk for the last seven years. These involve
* ghostwriting original and interesting articles on different topics
* providing well-researched technical papers on varied subjects
* proofreading or rewriting articles from other writers
Here on oDesk, I have extensive experience in providing varied online services to an educational start-up company:
* recruit, interview, hire, and manage employees
* call, enroll, and update parents on student matters
* create, present, and implement quality manuals for various departments or for general use
* gather operational data and provide reports
* create, modify and maintain various online tools used by employees
I am proficient in HTML, C++ and Visual Basic programming. I am an expert in data entry and MS Word and Excel conversions of data. I occasionally offer tutorial services in English accent enhancement, conversational English, MS Office Applications, and High School Math and Science. I am also fluent in Spanish (Mexican).
My objective here on oDesk is to earn, learn, hone my skills, and be regarded as a reliable service provider by always delivering timely and quality work.