Senior California-Licensed Attorney & Experienced Marketing Executive
I practiced business litigation in California for 11 years. My practice areas included trade secret law, intellectual property, general business disputes, real estate disputes, construction issues (including OSHA and other regulatory matters) and labor & employment law.
In order to grow my in-house business experience, I then accepted an executive marketing position with one of America's largest craft breweries, located in Oregon. In that role, I was able to help build that craft brand by roughly 25% annually in a market saturated with craft beer. I also learned the ins and outs of marketing from some of the same geniuses that built the Nike brand from the ground up.
After five years in that position, I longed to return to the law and found a job with a small, niche firm outside of Portland, Oregon. This position started out as a 3-week temporary position I obtained through Upwork (then oDesk). It quickly turned into a full-time employment position and I am only leaving due to my supervising attorney's serious illness and inability to continue practice. In this position, I have been involved in all aspects of business litigation, including drafting of pleadings and motions, overall case strategy, discovery, mediation and assisting clients with internal investigations. All the while, I have maintained my license, business presence and client relationships in California.
At this time, I am seeking to continue working in both fields -- hence my profile on Upwork.com. I would be pleased to assist with any of the following:
LEGAL WORK (California only for now, Oregon license pending):
* Case analysis, strategy and recommendations.
* Legal research and writing.
* Initiation of litigation (when necessary), including drafting of a complaint or responsive pleading, full-service discovery, motion practice, hearings and all steps up to and including trial work.
* Settlement negotiations and development of strategies that lead to settlement.
* Mediation and arbitration.
* Jury consulting: I have learned from some of the best jury consultants in the business and, in combining my legal and psychology degrees, can provide you with experienced consultations, strategy and feedback at a fraction of the cost of the "big guns" in the industry (many of whom charge hundreds of thousands of dollars for their services).
* Document drafting, review and analysis.
* Trade secret audits, non-disclosure agreements and (where appropriate) non-competition agreements.
* Discovery preparation, review and analysis.
* Extensive document review and analysis.
* General business advising.
* California bar number 202864; admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in California. Admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States.
* Comprehensive marketing plans.
* Brand analysis, strategy and critique.
* Product and packaging advise and strategy.
* E-marketing solutions.
* Understanding your target audience and marketing to them.
* Market research, analysis and reporting.
* General strategic advise and counseling (including providing direction to your in-house marketing team).
[PLEASE NOTE: The above rate ($75/hour) pertains to legal work. My rate for marketing projects is negotiable, but typically falls anywhere between $56 - $66/hour, depending on the project.