Software Developer with advanced C++ and Networking knowledge
Last active: 09/13/2013
Please find my resume below:
Also find me on linkedin @ www.linkedin.com/aswathgopalan
COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING GUIDY, ANNA UNIVERSITY, CHENNAI, INDIA (2008 - 2012)
Electronics and Communication Engineering (B.E) | Specialization: Communication
CGPA of 7.62/10
• Awarded the best project for the year 2012 by the department of ECE
SIR SIVASWAMI KALALAYA HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL, CHENNAI, INDIA (2006 - 2008)
Aggregate percentage of 95.0 % | Specialization: Computer Science
• Recipient of Merit Scholarship issued by Central Government for academic excellence.
Senior Software Engineer (2013)
• Only person to get promoted in the VoIP development team among 18 college hires of 2012.
• Expertise in the Microsoft Lync division & Better Together over Ethernet feature development.
Software Engineer (2012 - 2013)
• Implemented and established Better Together Lync feature using Ethernet cable as a medium of pairing between a Handset and PC Lync Client. Was a part of four member engineering team that conceptualized this feature first in the VoIP division across the globe.
• Reworked and redesigned the complete set of icons for a new platform VVX300/VX310 to enhance the user experience in viewing the UI. Received a star award as an appreciation for my initiative.
• Contributed largely to 3 major and 1 minor software release of VVX series phones.
• Gained expertise in SIP protocol, core module and Windows application development by fixing majority of software bugs associated with every software release.
• Learned the memory management of embedded devices and developed Perl scripts to automate basic phone testing for the engineering development team.
RAILTEL CORPORATION OF INDIA
Network Intern (May 2011 – June 2011)
• Effected 4% optimization of RailNet’s network and received an appreciation on my outstanding performance
July 2011 CISCO CERTIFIED NETWORK PROFESSIONAL
Sep 2010 CISCO CERTIFIED NETWORK ASSOCIATE
CISCO REGIONAL ACADEMY, ANNA UNIVERSITY
Cisco Academy Instructor (July 2011 – April 2012)
• Coached students who had enrolled for Cisco Networking Academy Program (CCNA Exploration course)
Better Together over Ethernet (2013)
• Developed the Third Party Control Protocol (TPCP) which is used by the Lync Client to communicate with the Handsets over the Lync server.
• Worked in the development of Polycom BToE Connector windows application which interacts with network stack and USB stack of the PC.
• Contributed to the development of a virtual composite USB telephony device and in the establishment of a socket connection with Polycom Handsets.
QOS Based Service Broker to integrate the Networks into the Grid Architecture (2012)
• A Java Emulator and a Gridbus Simulator were used to create the Grid and demonstrate the QOS Service broker. Implemented an algorithm to select and service a request with cost-effective time.
• Was awarded the best Project for the year 2012 in Electronics and Communication Stream.
Dynamic Routing Protocol implementation decision between various Networking Protocols (2011)
• Did a study to simulate traffic for entire campus network with various dynamic routing protocols such as EIGRP, RIP and BGP.
• Using GNS3 modeled and implemented the right choice of dynamic routing protocol based on Network Infrastructure and topology.
Automated Implementation of Matlab Programs (2010)
• Created a set of APIs using C language to implement the various basic processes on digital signals.
• Developed a software which used the APIs to generate the output for the digital signal functions.
HONORS AND AWARDS
• Second place for the Innovative Project competition (2011), organized by the department of Electronics and Communication, Anna University, for "Automated Room Power Control System".
• Was a part of a 15 member team led by an expert who created an Origami diplodocus dinosaur which measured 105 feet long and 30 feet wide by folding a 90 x 90 feet paper. This feat was accepted in Limca Book of Records 2011
Languages: C, C++, HTML, Perl (Basics)
O/S: Windows, Linux, Cisco Internetwork Operating System
Networking: TCP/IP, UDP, Routing, Switching
Tools: Visual Studio, Source Insight, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Wind River Memscope, MATLAB