Content Manager / Information Architect
• As Lead Information Architect for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts state website [www.Mass.Gov], selected and curated material for top level state government web portal.
• Managed social media presence for Mass.Gov on various platforms, consolidating accounts from participating state agencies
• Led meetings and training in best practices for usability, accessibility, search engine optimization, social media, and web analytics.
• Acted as Lead coordinator for emergency web communications on state government portal; participated in all pre-disaster planning, ongoing disaster communications, and follow-up communications for citizens and state agencies.
• Was responsible for all emergency communications on website and social media throughout ongoing disasters.
• Developed policies and best practices for web content and social media data management.
• Led team responsible for promoting Mass.Gov on social media (www.twitter.com/MassGov).
• Participated in long term project to replace portal Content Management System, including procurement (writing and evaluating Requests for Proposals), planning, implementation (including metadata analysis), and communications with customer agencies.
• Deep familiarity with content management systems planning and implementation, including developing metadata for subject access, search engine optimization, navigation development, data archiving, and compliance with intellectual property and copyright restrictions.
• Supported and promoted Open Data Initiative [www.mass.gov/data]
• Former Systems librarian/cataloger for the State Library of Massachusetts (George Fingold Library), which is the legally designated depository library for Massachusetts state publications, as well as a selective depository of federal government documents.
• Familiar with best practices in database management and design, from both business and technical perspectives.