Mohammad ali K.
Sr. QA Specialist - Mobile/Desktop/Selenium/Wordpress/Joomla/HTML/CSS
Last active: 3 days ago
Strong background in software testing for packaged and company written software applications in the following areas: E-Commerce, Consumer Products/Retail, National Defense, Medical Products, Human Resources, ERP, Medical Insurance, Medical Information, Financial, Security, and Mortgage.
• Automation testing covers: The creation of automation test plans, writing automation requirements and either creating the automation scripts myself or direct co-workers on the creation of automation test scripts.
• Skilled to complete multiple testing projects simultaneously across multiple technologies under tight dead-lines and deliver the projects completed by established due dates.
• Able to lead/work with a variety of testing teams made up of team members: full-time, contract and offshore.
• Working with IT and Business Management on benefits of QA in the development life-cycle to improve quality.
• Strong leadership skills to instill confidence in my work with the business community.
• Proven ability to mentor others in a variety of skills used in the Quality Assurance field.
• Possess excellent communication and presentation skills, self starter, quick learner, and team player.
• Have established QA processes where no previously established processes existed.
• Proven abilities to create comprehensive test plans to validate any size system.
• Excellent business/system knowledge and working experience in gathering requirements when missing used in the creation of test plans and test case creation.
• Proficient in all types of testing approaches that includes risk mitigation to get projects into the production environment with minimal delays while maintaining highest level of quality.
• Able to review existing processes and suggest ways to improve on existing processes to increase efficiency.
• Hands-on QA Lead/QA Engineer/Senior QA Analyst for a package Mortgage Financial system that integrates with 32 other systems.
• Review software documentation to ensure technical accuracy and compliance to mitigate risks for a complex citrix based financial system.
• The establishment of testing standards where none existed within the company. The standards were designed to be flexible due to tight deadlines.
• Prepared, presented a QA strategy to meet company goals to improve quality of the systems.
• Established mentoring programs for the QA Team.
• Creating and generating system test scripts for different test scenarios covering critical areas of system functionality.
• Coordinated other company resources to assist with testing, working alongside with QA.
• Coordinated QA resources on daily testing activities.
• Report testing progress and quality by tracking metrics and defects.
• Performed various types of testing such as: functional, smoke, integration, regression, user acceptance, and negative/positive testing.
• Established testing environments to mimic the installed client environments to enable the testing team to better test and resolve client reported issues.
• Responsible for management of the Customer Service functions.
• Provide technical support during software installation or configuration at Client locations.
• Designed and wrote automated scripts for smoke testing, to augment the manual testing efforts.
• Technologies included the following: Fiddler, SaaS Citrix, XML, Various freeware QA performance testing tools, Windows 8.1 & Mac, Cross Browser testing: IE10, Safari and FireFox, Http Return Codes, Microsoft SQL Server, Java script, Cloud testing using Amazon, C# with Microsoft Visual Studio Test Professional Premium 2012, Microsoft Test Manager for Test Plan/Test Case creation and Microsoft Team Foundation Server for Kanban story and bug tracking.
• Participated in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems for a complex internal web-system.
• Develop testing programs that address areas such as software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, integration or usability.
• Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers.
• Report testing progress and quality by tracking metrics, defects and code coverage.
• Designed and wrote automated scripts to smoke and regression test 20 web-pages.
• Technologies included the following: C# with Microsoft Visual Studio Test Professional 2012 for automation, Windows 7, IE 8 & 9, FireFox, IE Tester, Fiddler, Web-page links, Http Return Codes, Https Security, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Test Manager for Test Plan/Test Case creation and Microsoft Team Foundation Server for Kanban stories and bug tracking.